Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Open message for mash

CaptainBlack

Jan 26, 2012
If you want the former staff of another site to return how about you identify yourself with your former/real user name, so we know who we are really dealing with.

I do not believe that you were a member of the other site for most of a year without posting then decided to rescue that site from the neglect it had fallen into. Obviously I also believe you have an account here, to read this.

CB

Last edited:

janvdl

Jan 30, 2012
Did I miss something?

Swlabr

Feb 21, 2012
Did I miss something?
You might want to read this...although I suspect CB has more knowledge about this than just this message...

Long story short - MHF has been bought over by this chap "mash" (didn't even capitalise his name!). He has removed all banners, has removed the donate button, and is claiming members will never have to pay a subscription. So...how is he hoping to not make a loss from MHF? This whole internet malarky is beyond me!

Last edited:

janvdl

Jan 30, 2012
You might want to read this...although I suspect CB has more knowledge about this than just this message...

Long story short - MHF has been bought over by this chap "mash" (didn't even capitalise his name!). He has removed all banners, has removed the donate button, and is claiming members will never have to pay a subscription. So...how is he hoping to not make a loss from MHF? This whole internet malarky is beyond me!
Meh. I would be able to host a site for free. Take any old spare box in your house, hook it up to your home internet connection (if it's decent) and voila.

Swlabr

Feb 21, 2012
Meh. I would be able to host a site for free. Take any old spare box in your house, hook it up to your home internet connection (if it's decent) and voila.
Yes...but why? I fail to understand his motives.

Anyway, if your site got popular it would cease to be free - "unlimited" internet isn't actually unlimited...

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I do not believe that you were a member of the other site for most of a year without posting then decided to rescue that site from the neglect it had fallen into. Obviously I also believe you have an account here, to read this.
CB
Actually, guests can read any posts not in staff forums.

grgrsanjay

Jan 28, 2012
I Doubt MHF's Survival

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
All I can tell you guys is that Chris and I own this site but we all run it. You know us and what we will do and won't do. I think that makes the decision about where to stay pretty darn easy.

Jester

MHB Math Helper
Jan 26, 2012
Just a comment. You guys (Jameson and others) offered to take over the site MHF (well established members and admin's) with a lot of experience with I'm guessing no success and now MHF has a "new" owner mash. Sorry, but I'm not buying that!

pickslides

Feb 1, 2012
What even makes us think that the remaining staff at MHF have even noticed a mass exodus?

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
What even makes us think that the remaining staff at MHF have even noticed a mass exodus?
I posted a final message in the Helper forum over there and was demoted immediately after so I can't see what else has been posted. I know there are still a handful of Helpers around though. Is anyone there that doesn't know about MHB?

dwsmith

Feb 1, 2012
I posted a final message in the Helper forum over there and was demoted immediately after so I can't see what else has been posted. I know there are still a handful of Helpers around though. Is anyone there that doesn't know about MHB?
I sent pms to many people on Physics Forums and MHF who weren't here. A few weeks ago. Not everyone was a helper but they were all useful members.

CaptainBlack

Jan 26, 2012
I have finally reset my password to a random string and logged out of the other place, so ending my association with it.

CB