Online resources to study pre calculus.

In summary, the conversation is about someone preparing for a certification exam to become a college math tutor and needing resources to refresh their knowledge in pre calculus. They mention using websites like MathTV, Paul's Online Notes, and Math is Fun for studying.
xdrgnh
Tomorrow I'm taking a certification exam to become a college math tutor and I have to take a proficiency test in pre calculus. A lot of the stuff I don't remember because I haven't used it in a while. Anyone got some good online resources. I studied before but I just realized yesterday after not being able to do a graph question that I got to learn.

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Try www.MathTV.com

On the left-hand navigation bar, select the area of maths you wish to review. For best results, attempt each problem before viewing the worked out solution.

Lol it down but thanks anyway. I found some online resources like paul online notes and math is fun.

Related to Online resources to study pre calculus.

1. What are the benefits of using online resources to study pre calculus?

There are several benefits to using online resources to study pre calculus. These include access to a wide range of materials such as videos, practice problems, and interactive tools. Online resources also allow for self-paced learning, which can be helpful for students who need more time to understand certain concepts. Additionally, many online resources are free or low-cost, making them accessible for students on a budget.

2. Are online resources as effective as traditional classroom instruction for studying pre calculus?

Studies have shown that online resources can be just as effective, if not more effective, than traditional classroom instruction for studying pre calculus. This is because online resources often offer a variety of learning tools and allow for self-directed learning, which can be tailored to individual student needs. However, it is important for students to also have access to a teacher or tutor for additional support and clarification.

3. What types of online resources are available for studying pre calculus?

There are many different types of online resources available for studying pre calculus. These can include instructional videos, interactive practice problems, virtual manipulatives, and online textbooks. Some resources may also offer forums or discussion boards for students to ask questions and receive help from peers or teachers.

4. How can I make the most out of using online resources to study pre calculus?

To make the most out of using online resources to study pre calculus, it is important to have a plan and set a schedule for yourself. This can include setting specific goals for each study session and using a variety of resources to reinforce your understanding of concepts. It can also be helpful to take notes and actively engage with the material, rather than just passively watching videos or completing practice problems.

5. How can I determine the credibility and quality of online resources for studying pre calculus?

When using online resources to study pre calculus, it is important to consider the source and look for reputable websites or platforms. You can also read reviews and testimonials from other students to get an idea of the quality of the resource. It can also be helpful to check for any affiliations or partnerships the resource may have with educational institutions or organizations.