Online Physics Degree for US Navy Personnel on the Move

In summary, online universities offer a degree in physics, but they are not advisable to pursue as an active duty Navy sailor due to the constant relocation.
douglas pistone
I am in the US Navy and i am always on the move. i have been stationed overseas for 6 years and will now be moving to Italy for as my next duty station. i have always wanted to get a degree in physics but it is very difficult to do so under these nomadic pretenses. Are there any universities that offer a BS in physics online?

Physics news on Phys.org
douglas pistone said:
I am in the US Navy and i am always on the move. i have been stationed overseas for 6 years and will now be moving to Italy for as my next duty station. i have always wanted to get a degree in physics but it is very difficult to do so under these nomadic pretenses. Are there any universities that offer a BS in physics online?

Are there? Yes.

Are any of them advisable, I would say no.

I'm assuming you reenlisted already, is your duty station in Italy considered a shore or ship rotation? If ship, will you have the chance for a shore duty station when you come up for orders again? If so, what I would recommend is taking one in San Diego, and going to one of the many great local community colleges at night. You'll be able to complete roughly half the degree there.

After which, if you plan on staying in, try to get into the STA-21 (do they still call it that?) program, try to transfer within the UC system, and complete your degree. Then you'll also earn a commission to take you to retirement. They also have programs for graduate school after.

If you planned on getting out, the GI bill provides great benefits for completing your degree, and some GE classes can be taken through one of the Navy's correspondence programs.

douglas pistone said:

Please read this thread:

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/online-college-advice.875587/

Zz.

Related to Online Physics Degree for US Navy Personnel on the Move

1. What is an Online Physics Degree for US Navy Personnel on the Move?

An Online Physics Degree for US Navy Personnel on the Move is a degree program specifically designed for individuals who are active-duty members of the US Navy and need the flexibility to continue their education while being constantly on the move.

2. How does an Online Physics Degree for US Navy Personnel on the Move differ from a traditional degree program?

An Online Physics Degree for US Navy Personnel on the Move allows students to complete coursework and attend classes remotely through online platforms, rather than having to physically attend a university or college. This allows for greater flexibility and convenience for individuals who may have unpredictable schedules due to their military duties.

3. What are the benefits of pursuing an Online Physics Degree for US Navy Personnel on the Move?

Some benefits of pursuing an Online Physics Degree for US Navy Personnel on the Move include the ability to continue one's education while actively serving in the military, flexibility to complete coursework at any time and from any location, and the opportunity to gain valuable skills and knowledge in the field of physics.

4. Is an Online Physics Degree for US Navy Personnel on the Move accredited?

Yes, most online degree programs, including those for US Navy personnel, are accredited by recognized accrediting bodies. It is important to ensure that the program you are considering is accredited in order to receive a legitimate degree that will be recognized by employers and other institutions.

5. Can active-duty US Navy personnel receive financial aid for an Online Physics Degree?

Yes, active-duty US Navy personnel are eligible for financial aid, just like any other student. The US Navy also offers tuition assistance programs to help cover the cost of education. Additionally, there are scholarships and grants available specifically for military personnel pursuing higher education.