Online Physics Course: 2 Month Short Course UK

In summary, the speaker is located in the UK and is looking for a short online physics course to complete during the summer. They have not been successful in finding one and are seeking recommendations from others. The conversation also mentions the possibility of self-studying and the speaker mentions they will teach an online course that may be equivalent to A level physics.
_Mayday_
Hey,

Well the summer is coming up, and as usual I do not have a lot planned really, other than a few days in Switzerland, and my sporting commitments. I am located in the UK, and I am looking for a short course that can be done online in Physics (I would have completed my AS levels). I do not know if one actually exists, but it would need to be like a 2 month course. I've looked around, but with no success, there may be a possibility that some of you may have done one. It would be a nice thing to put on my University Application! If there is such a thing, I wonder if I could focus on certain parts of Physics.

Cheers _Mayday_

Physics news on Phys.org
I will teach on online physics course from the USA this summer which is roughly the equivalent of A level or slightly higher.

Since you are in the UK system, it might be a hassle transferring credit, though. You should also check the Open University to see what they offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think such a thing exists, Mayday. Perhaps instead you could self study something from a textbook over the summer. This would look good on your university application form (you could give a brief summary of what you've self studied on your personal statement, etc..)

Related to Online Physics Course: 2 Month Short Course UK

1. What topics are covered in the 2 month online physics course?

The online physics course covers a variety of topics including mechanics, electricity and magnetism, waves and optics, and modern physics.

2. Is the course suitable for beginners or do I need prior physics knowledge?

The course is designed for both beginners and those with some prior knowledge of physics. The first few weeks cover foundational concepts, making it accessible for beginners, while the later weeks cover more advanced topics for those with prior knowledge.

3. How much time should I dedicate to the course each week?

The course is designed to be completed in 2 months, so it is recommended to dedicate at least 10-12 hours per week to studying and completing assignments. However, the exact amount of time needed may vary based on individual learning pace and prior knowledge.

4. Are there any prerequisites for enrolling in the course?

There are no specific prerequisites for enrolling in the course, but a strong understanding of algebra and basic math concepts is recommended. Prior knowledge of introductory physics topics may also be beneficial.

5. Will I receive a certificate upon completion of the course?

Yes, upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate of completion. This certificate can be used to showcase your knowledge and skills in physics to potential employers or for further academic pursuits.