Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trigonometry online calculators that have radians on the x axis

karush

Jan 31, 2012
just curious if anyone knows where there is online graphing program that will graph trig function with radians on the x axis

tried Wolfframapha but not

thanks ahead

tkhunny

MHB Math Helper
Jan 27, 2012
This is a very odd question. Radians are not actually units. They are just numbers. If the x-axis is not specifically labeled otherwise, it is "Radians".

karush

Jan 31, 2012
ok but typically on trig functions you see the x axis in terms of pi that what I was looking for. Wolffram does do it but only on certain functions, there is no way to set it for that

tkhunny

MHB Math Helper
Jan 27, 2012
What do you think [tex]\pi[/tex] is, a platypus?

[tex]\pi = 3.14159265358979323846264338...[/tex]

It's not a platypus. It's a Real Number.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Please clarify karush, but what I think you're referring to is a graph where the x-axis would have labels such as \(\displaystyle 0, \frac{\pi}{2}, \pi, \frac{3 \pi}{2}\) and so on. I'm not aware of such a calculator but I would point out that you can easily convert any point you are looking at to something "in terms of $\pi$" by taking that number and dividing it by $\pi$.

Let me know what you're looking for if I assumed incorrectly but in the meantime I would definitely recommend an online calculator called Desmos. It is by far the best online graphing calculator that I know of, it's free and I am in contact with their development team if there are ever any issues.

earboth

Jan 30, 2012
just curious if anyone knows where there is online graphing program that will graph trig function with radians on the x axis

tried Wolfframapha but not

thanks ahead
Obviously you are looking for a program where you can label the axes in multiples of [tex]\pi[/tex] or any other value (for instance [tex]\sqrt{3}[/tex] or else).

I use the program Graph (have a look here: Graph | Plotting of mathematical functions). It's a Danish program which is available in many different languages. I use - of course - the German version.

I've attached a screen-shot of the sin-function where you can see how you can adjust the labeling of the axes.

Attachments

karush

Jan 31, 2012
got it... yes, perfect that is what I was looking for,, much thanks.

r:)