? on what type of pennuim my old hp use?

• Thread starter slee95
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Type
In summary, the HP Pavilion a305w desktop PC uses an Intel Celeron 2.7 GHz processor with 256 MB of DDR SDRAM memory and a 40 GB hard drive. It also has integrated graphics, audio, and networking capabilities. The accompanying display is a 17-inch CRT flat screen and it comes with USB speakers, a PS/2 scroller mouse, and a standard keyboard.
slee95
what pennuim does hp pavilion a305w use?

Computer science news on Phys.org
You should be able to find your CPU model in Device Manager on Windows, or find the CPU model using a third party program like CPU-Z or Speccy.

jhae2.718 the computer is not hooked up but has been lying around the house and was going to use it for my mom and her grand daughter where do i go online to find out what it uses. On the front it says intel inside celeron and i now for pentium all you have to look for is how many (!)'s behind it to tel what it is.

For the model of HP you posted, the closest specs I could find are http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00038821&dlc=en, but I can't guarantee that that is the exact model of Celeron inside your box.

rorix i got my back up dell that i will give them it is a pennuim 4 :)

Hey slee95 ,what the hell you mean by word pennuim?
Anyway I give you all contents of hp pavilion a305w.
1.HP Pavilion a305w desktop PC
inside pc
1.Processor-Intel Celeron 2.7 GHz
2.Front side bus 400 MHz
3.Socket mPGA478
4.845GL
5.Memory Installed-256 MB (1 x 256) Maximum memory allowed 1GB (2 x 512) requires the removal of the installed 256 MB DIMM
6.Speed memory supported-2700 MB/sec
7.Memory Type-184 pin, DDR SDRAM
8.Ram slots-Two
9.Primary cache (L1)-8 KB of data cache and 12K micro-op cache
10.Hard drive-40 GB Ultra DMA 5400 rpm
11.CD-RW drive 48x/24x/48x maximum speed
12.Floppy Diskette drive-1.44 MB (3.5-inch)
13.Modem-High-speed V.92 ready data/fax modem
14.VGA-Integrated Intel Extreme graphics with up to 64 MB shared video memory
15.Sound/audio-Integrated AC97 audio
16.Network-Integrated 10/100Base-T networking interface
17.MPEG-MPEG2 for full-motion digital video

2.HP Pavilion v72 17-inch CRT flat screen display
3.HP Pavilion USB free-standing speakers
4.PS/2 scroller mouse
5.PS/2 standard keyboard

Thank you warunasanja77 very much :).

Related to ? on what type of pennuim my old hp use?

1. What type of pennium did my old HP use?

The type of pennium used in your old HP computer will depend on the model and year it was manufactured. Some common types of pennium used in older HP computers include Intel Pentium, AMD Athlon, and AMD Duron processors.

2. How do I determine the type of pennium used in my old HP?

To determine the type of pennium used in your old HP computer, you can check the specifications on the manufacturer's website or look for the information in the computer's settings or system information.

3. Can I upgrade the pennium in my old HP?

It may be possible to upgrade the pennium in your old HP computer, but it will depend on the specific model and motherboard compatibility. It is best to consult with a computer technician or check the manufacturer's website for compatible upgrade options.

4. Is it worth upgrading the pennium in my old HP?

The decision to upgrade the pennium in your old HP computer will depend on your specific needs and usage. If you are experiencing slow performance or need to run more advanced programs, upgrading the pennium may improve your computer's performance. However, if your computer meets your current needs, it may not be necessary to upgrade.

5. How often should I replace the pennium in my old HP?

There is no set time frame for replacing the pennium in your old HP computer. It will depend on the usage and maintenance of the computer. If you are experiencing slow performance or compatibility issues, it may be time to consider upgrading the pennium. Otherwise, it is recommended to replace the computer every 3-5 years for optimal performance.