Happy Birthday! - American Greetings Co., Inc.

• Thread starter Tsu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Greetings
Ne=374+1162+1031+18&N=374+1162+1031+18&offset=In summary, For those celebrating a birthday today, they may receive a card from American Greetings Co., Inc. A humorous haiku about getting older and a funny birthday greeting are also mentioned.
Tsu
Gold Member
For those who have a birtday today, a 'card'
...from American Greetings Co., Inc.

A Birthday Haiku

Getting older sucks.
Yes, it really, really sucks.
It sure does suck bad.

Ya got to love it...

Physics news on Phys.org
Oh, yeah!...

Just remembered one that I sent to my sister years ago...

Don't know who printed it, so I can't give credit where credit is due, but it went something like this:

On your birthday...
May no one look at your hairstyle, and then at your dog, and say "Oh, what a CUTE idea!"

...well, it cracked US up!

1. What is the origin of "Happy Birthday!"?

The phrase "Happy Birthday!" has evolved over time and has its roots in the ancient Greek celebration of birthdays. However, the modern version of the song and phrase is credited to sisters Patty and Mildred Hill. They wrote the melody and lyrics in 1893, originally titled "Good Morning to All."

2. Why is "Happy Birthday!" such a popular phrase?

"Happy Birthday!" has become a popular phrase because it is a simple and universal way to wish someone well on their special day. It is also associated with celebrations and joy, making it the perfect expression for birthdays.

3. What is the most recognized version of "Happy Birthday!"?

The most recognized version of the "Happy Birthday!" song is the one used in the United States, with the lyrics "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear [name], happy birthday to you." However, there are many variations of the song used around the world.

4. Is "Happy Birthday!" copyrighted?

The melody and lyrics of "Happy Birthday!" are copyrighted by the Summy Company, which is now owned by Warner Music Group. However, the copyright only covers the specific arrangement of the song, not the phrase "Happy Birthday!" itself.

5. How can I make someone's birthday extra special with "Happy Birthday!"?

There are many creative ways to make someone's birthday extra special with "Happy Birthday!" You can create a personalized birthday card or video using the phrase, sing the song with friends and family, or even surprise the person with a flash mob singing "Happy Birthday!" in a public place.