Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

On line game aid

Templii

May 18, 2018
This is a question that has caused me considerable headaches. It relates to an Excel spreadsheet that I am preparing as an aid for an on line game I play. Maybe someone out there can help.
The section of the game concerned involves collecting a finite number of points to achieve a goal.
The number of points varies but for the purposes of this question the number can arbitrarily be 920.
Any number of players may subscribe points and their total will eventually reach the goal.
Again the number of players varies but for the purposes of this question the number can arbitrarily be 4.
The player to whom the goal belongs may also subscribe but they do not qualify for any prizes regardless of their final position in the winners table which is drawn from the number of points each player donated.
So for this excercise there will be 5 players but only 4 will be designated a final position number in the winners table.
Once the goal of 920 is reached the table is frozen and the placings of the players who contributed will determine the prizes they receive for their efforts.

I need to find a set of calculations that would enable me to determine at all times a running total of how many points I would need to donate to reach the goal in first, second, third and fourth places.
These formulae would then be used in the spreadsheet to provide the running total for these places.