Old articles about some Rh compounds

In summary, the conversation is about the difficulty of finding two old articles from the journal of Chemical Society, published by Vallarino in 1957. The speaker mentions that they often confuse the journal with the American Chemical Society and asks if anyone can find the articles. They also mention that the RSC (Royal Society of Chemistry) has not made all their content available online yet, but the speaker's campus library should be able to do an Interlibrary Loan for the articles.
Entropia
I am having a hard fime finding these two articles that I NEED to read. They are just too old that my campus library doesn't have it.

Vallarino,L. J. Chem. Soc,. 2287 (1957)

Vallarino,L. J. Chem. Soc., 2473 (1957)

its a journal of chemical society publication, not to be confused with the 'american chemical society' which i do sometimes absentmindedly at first glance.

can anybody find 'em?

if so, please email me:

entropia at physicsforums dot com

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Can't they do an Interlibrary Loan?

RSC hasn't fully joined the 21st century and put all their stuff online yet.

But your library should be able ILL them. You'll probably get a photocopy.

Hi there,

I can understand your frustration in trying to find these old articles about Rh compounds. It can be challenging to access older publications, especially if they are not available in your campus library.

One option you could try is to reach out to your campus library and see if they offer interlibrary loan services. This allows you to request materials from other libraries that may have these articles in their collection. It may take some time, but it's worth a try.

Another option is to search for these articles online. Many academic databases, such as JSTOR or ScienceDirect, have archives of older publications. You may need to create an account or pay a fee to access these articles, but it may be worth it if they are crucial for your research.

Additionally, you can try contacting the journal directly to see if they have archives of their past publications. They may be able to provide you with a digital copy of the articles you need.

I hope these suggestions help, and I wish you luck in your search for these articles. If all else fails, you can also try reaching out to other researchers or experts in the field to see if they have access to these articles and can share them with you. Best of luck!

Related to Old articles about some Rh compounds

1. What is the significance of studying old articles about Rh compounds?

Studying old articles about Rh compounds allows scientists to understand the historical development of research in this field, as well as the evolution of theories and techniques. It can also provide valuable insights and knowledge that may still be relevant to current research.

2. How have Rh compounds been studied in the past?

In the past, Rh compounds have been studied through various techniques such as X-ray crystallography, spectroscopy, and computational methods. Researchers also conducted experiments to observe the physical and chemical properties of these compounds.

3. What are some notable discoveries made through studying old articles about Rh compounds?

Some notable discoveries include the identification of new Rh compounds, the understanding of their electronic and magnetic properties, and the development of new synthesis methods. Old articles have also contributed to the development of theories and models for predicting the behavior of Rh compounds.

4. How have advancements in technology and techniques influenced the study of Rh compounds?

Advancements in technology and techniques, such as the use of advanced instruments and computational methods, have significantly expanded our understanding of Rh compounds. They have also allowed for more precise and accurate measurements, leading to new discoveries and insights.

5. Are old articles about Rh compounds still relevant in current research?

Yes, old articles about Rh compounds are still relevant in current research. They provide a foundation for understanding the properties and behavior of these compounds and can serve as a starting point for further studies. Additionally, some findings from old articles may still be applicable and useful in current research projects.