Old (2000) Peter Norton books still Worthwhile?

• Thread starter WWGD
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Books
In summary, some popular Peter Norton books from 2000 that are still worth reading include "Peter Norton's Introduction to Computers," "Peter Norton's Guide to Access 2000 Programming," and "Peter Norton's Guide to Upgrading and Repairing PCs." These books are considered valuable because they offer a strong foundation in computer knowledge and skills that are still relevant today. While some information may be outdated, the overall concepts and principles are still applicable. Additionally, reading these books can provide a historical perspective on the evolution of technology. They are suitable for beginners as they are written in a clear and accessible manner.
WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hi,
I saw a couple of Peter Norton books: Linux , Java, How to Repair PCs on sale, for about $3 each. Are they still, being this old, worthwhile as a reference, and in general to learn those topics, or are the books likely outdated? Fortunately I can afford the ~ $10 for the three books, but I prefer not to end up with dead weight in my place.

Technology news on Phys.org
Those books are pretty old. I don’t think you’ll find anything interesting there unless you’re playing with a machine that still runs the OS they are based on.

Likes WWGD

Related to Old (2000) Peter Norton books still Worthwhile?

What are some of the most popular Peter Norton books from the year 2000 that are still worth reading?

Some of the most popular Peter Norton books from 2000 that are still worth reading include "Peter Norton's Introduction to Computers," "Peter Norton's Guide to Access 2000 Programming," and "Peter Norton's Guide to Upgrading and Repairing PCs."

Why are Peter Norton books from 2000 still considered worthwhile?

Peter Norton books from 2000 are still considered worthwhile because they provide a strong foundation in computer knowledge and skills that are still relevant today. The books cover topics such as computer hardware, programming, and troubleshooting, which are all still important in today's technology-driven world.

Do Peter Norton books from 2000 contain outdated information?

While some specific information in the books may be outdated, the overall concepts and principles are still applicable. Technology may have advanced since 2000, but the basics of computer systems and programming have remained relatively consistent.

Are there any other benefits to reading Peter Norton books from 2000?

Yes, in addition to learning valuable computer skills, reading Peter Norton books from 2000 can also provide a historical perspective on the evolution of technology. It can be interesting to see how far technology has come in the past 20 years.

Are Peter Norton books from 2000 suitable for beginners?

Yes, Peter Norton books from 2000 are suitable for beginners as they provide a comprehensive introduction to various computer topics. The books are written in a clear and accessible manner, making them easy for beginners to understand and follow.