Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

*obligatory "I'm new here" title*

akarikairi

Jul 25, 2015
Hello all,

My name is Katy. I'm relearning how to do some math for fun through Khan Academy. I'm actually pretty impressed with how much stuff I have remembered how to do, but occasionally, even with the video tutorials, I still get stuck on a few things. Through Khan, it is my goal to relearn old math concepts, and to go further and study things I didn't even do in college. I enjoy the challenges of math and look forward to brushing up on it all again.

I can also be of help to those who are struggling with math, in topics I am familiar with. Those topics are pretty sporadic at the moment, but I would like to be of help if I can.

Thank you to whoever decided to start this online forum. You are awesome. All hail. :)

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Hello and welcome to MHB, Katy! :D

I am very glad you have decided to join our community here. I recommend taking a tour of all the features we offer, like our live chat, arcade, problems of the week (POTW), our "Chat Forum," etc.

Our traffic of students asking for help will pick back up once the fall semester begins in about a month, but in the meantime if you have any math questions, or feedback/suggestions for our site or anything interesting you wish to share, please feel free to post...we welcome feedback from our users and have gotten many very good suggestions that way.

Best Regards,

Mark.

akarikairi

Jul 25, 2015
Thanks! I appreciate the help tremendously.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Hi Katy!

I'm so glad you found us. :)

Khan Academy is a great resource so it's great you are finding that helpful. We can definitely give you supplemental support and help you understand any issues or questions you might have. I look forward to seeing you around!

Prakhar

MHB Ambassador
MHB Ambassador
Mar 18, 2015
Hello all,

My name is Katy. I'm relearning how to do some math for fun through Khan Academy. I'm actually pretty impressed with how much stuff I have remembered how to do, but occasionally, even with the video tutorials, I still get stuck on a few things. Through Khan, it is my goal to relearn old math concepts, and to go further and study things I didn't even do in college. I enjoy the challenges of math and look forward to brushing up on it all again.

I can also be of help to those who are struggling with math, in topics I am familiar with. Those topics are pretty sporadic at the moment, but I would like to be of help if I can.

Thank you to whoever decided to start this online forum. You are awesome. All hail. :)
Introduction after a long time. Welcome Katy! Have a good time here.

Peter

MHB Site Helper
Jun 22, 2012
Introduction after a long time. Welcome Katy! Have a good time here.
Welcome Katy ... from what you say it sounds like MHB is an ideal community for you to join ... it is a wonderful place for those with an interest in mathematics ... indeed there are some very helpful and scholarly people here ... as well as some people like you and I, looking for some help ...

Peter