Mysterious Artifacts on Mars: What Do They Mean?

• Thread starter Janus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mars Mean
In summary, the conversation is about two photos from Mars that show what some believe to be artificial structures. One person is skeptical and the others are joking about the possibility of Martians speaking English and the photos being featured on news networks.
Janus
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
I'm not one of those that sees artifacts in every other MGS photos, But these two have me scratching my head.

The first shows what looks like regular grid lines layed out in almost a street-like pattern.

http://home.teleport.com/~parvey/mars1.gif [Broken]

This second one also shows something that really looks (at least to me) like something of artificial origin to the right of the large crater.

http://home.teleport.com/~parvey/crater.gif [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Janus - Awesome!

Suckers like me are born every minute.

Snarf... I loaded the first, and was about to post something on "maybe it is an effect of the groundtrack of the satellite", when the second picture loaded up...

You're cheating though, Janus. It isn't even April 1st in Oregon yet...

There's a loon I know who would fall for that. He lives at this location. Complete fruitloop.

I didn't even know that the Martians knew English.
Live & learn... :wink:

Originally posted by J-Man
Indeed, who taught them ?!
We GOT'TA make a poll - who actually
fell for it ?! I didn't... :wink:
And who fell for the second one ?

Originally posted by J-Man
Live & learn... :wink:

LOL! Yea, I was particularly impressed with their grasp of our callender!

Just you watch...
Janus' pictures will appear on Fox News soon.

Originally posted by Phobos
Just you watch...
Janus' pictures will appear on Fox News soon.

You just hit on my one fear, That the first image will start popping up on some of those "Cydonia-nut" web sites.

Maybe I can post it on one of those crackpotty newsgroups to see their reactions...
Or would that be too cruel?

1. What are these mysterious artifacts on Mars?

The mysterious artifacts on Mars are objects or structures that have been observed on the surface of the planet that do not have a clear scientific explanation or origin.

2. How were these artifacts discovered?

The artifacts were discovered through the use of various imaging techniques, such as satellite imagery or rover photos. These images are then analyzed by scientists and researchers to identify any anomalies or unusual features.

3. What do scientists think these artifacts could be?

There are a variety of theories about what these artifacts could be, ranging from natural rock formations to evidence of past civilizations on Mars. However, without further evidence, it is difficult to determine the true nature of these objects.

4. How do these artifacts impact our understanding of Mars?

These artifacts raise many questions and spark curiosity about the history and potential of Mars. They challenge our current understanding of the planet and could potentially lead to new discoveries and insights about its past and present.

5. Is there any potential for these artifacts to be signs of extraterrestrial life?

While it is exciting to speculate about the possibility of extraterrestrial life on Mars, there is currently no concrete evidence to support this theory. Scientists continue to study and analyze these artifacts in hopes of finding answers, but for now, the existence of extraterrestrial life on Mars remains a mystery.