What Will You Do Most in the Last Day?

• Thread starter yinyinwang
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around what each person would do if they only had one day left to live. Some responses included turning into a tachyon and traveling to an alternate universe, doing nothing, spending time with loved ones, beating the system by overdosing on drugs, and finishing a game of chess. The context and situation also play a role in determining one's actions.
yinyinwang
what will you do most?

Physics news on Phys.org
what will you do most?

Piss and moan.

Originally posted by BoulderHead
Piss and moan.

LOL!

I will read most...I haven't learned enough, and never will.

Originally posted by yinyinwang
what will you do most?

I would probably turn myself into a tachyon and travel faster than the speed of light and find an alternate universe that holds the requirments of living conditions for humans. I would just need to know my space trajectory and reference navigation frames first... Hmmm, excellent.

Originally posted by Jeebus
I would probably turn myself into a tachyon and travel faster than the speed of light and find an alternate universe that holds the requirments of living conditions for humans. I would just need to know my space trajectory and reference navigation frames first... Hmmm, excellent.

That was my second choice, you know.

Originally posted by Mentat
That was my second choice, you know.

Heheh. I think yours was my ... 988th, I believe, don't ask me that in a couple minutes. It will probably change, it's all dependent on how much time we got.

I would just simply do what i do best. Nothing.

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end ... Don't you get it? The past doesn't exist, nor does the future, except in the "here and now."

In fact this is all we've ever had, one day left, which is today! :wink:

Whenever I ask my doctor aunt this she threatens to kill me.

Time don't make sense because we are always in the past. Think of it all the thinking and actions we do takes time. So by time we decided to talk and listen it takes time to get from point A to point B. So when your talking to your friend in which you call present it's actually in the past since the sound waves take time to reach his/her ear and process what your saying and then replying.

Is it live or is it Memorex? Even if there is a slight delay, it is mostly negligible and the notion of a "present moment" does not escape us.

Originally posted by Iacchus32
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end ... Don't you get it? The past doesn't exist, nor does the future, except in the "here and now."

In fact this is all we've ever had, one day left, which is today! :wink:
Well in that case how about filling us in on what you be doing?!

Originally posted by BoulderHead
Well in that case how about filling us in on what you be doing?!
Actually I probably wouldn't be doing anything other than what I would normally do. Although death itself is like a portal, and I would probably be waiting for that door to open ...

Beat the system and kill myself through a massive drug overdose of all the drugs I'd never try when I had a future.

I really hate to paraphrase movies.. but when it fits...

An American an englishman and a chinese man are all playing chess when someone comes along as says the world is ending. The man says to the 3 "well what are you going to do?"

The Englishman says I'm going to go get some mescal and get totally wasted.

The American says Well I'm going over to the whorehouse and get me a nice lady to spend it with.

So he turns to the Chinese man as says "what will you do?"

The Chinese man turns to him and says "well I shall finish the game"

For me, I'd prefer to spend it with my loved ones. I will finish the game, and my team will all be together.

EDIT: on second thought I'd probably be trying to find a way out of it. I don't like no win scenarios. Weather it was tunneling a deep deep hole below the surface where I'd survive, or comandeering a space shuttle out of this joint, I wouldn't go out without a fight.

Last edited:
first there has to be a reason why you only have one day left. If your sick as hell on a death bed there's nothing much you can do besides say your good byes. If a meteor is comming towards Earth you can't really get your rifle at it and fight back. So it also depends on the situation. And if your told that your just going to die tomorrow without much reason you probably won't believe them and continue on with your day as normal.

1. What are some common activities that people do on their last day?

Some common activities that people do on their last day include spending time with loved ones, reflecting on their life, and making peace with any unresolved issues.

2. Is it possible to predict what I will do on my last day?

No, it is impossible to predict what you will do on your last day. It will largely depend on your personal preferences, circumstances, and relationships.

3. What is the significance of spending time with loved ones on your last day?

Spending time with loved ones on your last day can provide comfort, closure, and a sense of connection. It can also allow you to express your love and appreciation for them.

4. How can reflecting on your life benefit you on your last day?

Reflecting on your life can help you make peace with your past, appreciate your accomplishments, and identify any lessons you have learned. It can also bring a sense of closure and peace.

5. Are there any cultural or religious practices associated with the last day of life?

Yes, there are various cultural and religious practices associated with the last day of life, such as saying prayers, performing rituals, and spending time with family and friends. These practices can vary greatly depending on one's beliefs and traditions.