Nuclear data libraries in ACE format for MCNP5

In summary, a nuclear data library in ACE format is a collection of compactly formatted nuclear data files used in the MCNP5 transport code. This format is chosen for its efficiency and ease of integration with the code. These libraries are created by processing data from evaluated nuclear data files and include data for various nuclear reactions and processes. They are used in MCNP5 simulations to provide necessary data for particle transport and interactions with materials.
AlbeFerS
Hello everyone,

I need some continuous-energy neutron cross sections libraries in ACE format for MCNP5 (endf66a, endf66b, endf66c, misc5xs) as well as the continuous-energy photon tables (mcplib, mcplib02, mcplib03, mcplib04).

Here: http://www.oecd-nea.org/janisweb/search/endf , we have evaluated nuclear data but, does everyone know if there are libraries already processed in ACE format available for downloading?

Thank you in advance

Finally I got all the ACE libraries for MCNP5 from Oak Ridge RSICC.

for your help.
Hi there,

I'm not sure if there are any pre-processed ACE format libraries available for download, but I did find a few resources that might be helpful. The National Nuclear Data Center (NNDC) has a website where you can search for and download various nuclear data files, including ACE format files. You can also try reaching out to the developers of MCNP5 directly to see if they have any recommendations for where to find ACE format libraries.

Another option is to use a software like NJOY, which can process ENDF files into ACE format. It might take a bit more work, but it could be a good solution if you can't find pre-processed libraries.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Related to Nuclear data libraries in ACE format for MCNP5

1. What is a nuclear data library in ACE format?

A nuclear data library in ACE format is a collection of nuclear data files that are formatted in the ACE (A Compact ENDF) format. This format is used in the Monte Carlo N-Particle (MCNP) transport code to represent nuclear data such as cross sections, energy and angular distributions, and fission yields.

2. Why is ACE format used in MCNP5?

ACE format is used in MCNP5 because it is a compact and efficient way to store and access large amounts of nuclear data. It also allows for easy integration with the MCNP5 code, as it was specifically designed for this purpose.

3. How are nuclear data libraries in ACE format created?

Nuclear data libraries in ACE format are created by processing and formatting data from evaluated nuclear data files, such as ENDF/B, using specialized codes and tools. These codes take into account various nuclear reactions and processes to generate the necessary data for use in MCNP5.

4. What types of data are included in a nuclear data library in ACE format?

A nuclear data library in ACE format typically includes data for neutron interactions with various isotopes, such as cross sections, energy and angular distributions, and fission yields. It may also contain data for photon interactions and thermal scattering processes.

5. How are nuclear data libraries in ACE format used in MCNP5 simulations?

Nuclear data libraries in ACE format are used in MCNP5 simulations by providing the necessary nuclear data for the transport of particles through a given material. The data is accessed and used by the MCNP5 code during the simulation to determine the behavior of particles and their interactions with the material.