NTC6K523 Thermistor Replacement | Exact Values for 0-100°C Temperature Range

• Thread starter tanga2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    thermistor
In summary, the conversation is about finding a replacement thermistor with similar values to the NTC6K523, which has a resistance of 6.523 kohm at 25 degrees celsius and a beta value of approximately 3725. The thermistor is used in various applications such as a room thermostat, solar collector systems, and buffer tank sensors. The group discusses potential replacements and advises the person to contact the manufacturer for more information.
Engineering news on Phys.org
tanga2 said:
Hi guys,
I need replacement for this thermistor , values in table :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxv5z9DWZ7ZwajNUbTRtVkN0TWs/view?usp=sharing

If there is any exactly replacement, its enought same values from table for ( 0 to 100 degrees celsius)

Thank You

Matus
Welcome to the PF.

When I search for that part's datasheet using Google, all I find is your half-dozen posts in other web forums trying to get information on it and a replacement part. Can you link to the datasheet? What is the application? What tolerances do you need on that resistance profile?

Likes Asymptotic
I doubt that NTC6K523 is a part number so much as a specification. The NTC6K523 appears to be a "Negative Temperature Coefficient" thermistor with a resistance of 6.523 kohm at 25 C.
Any replacement will need to have the same thermal mass, power dissipation and so packaging.
β is close to 3720 K.

What are the package dimensions?
What is the application?

Likes Asymptotic
Likes jim hardy
Baluncore said:
The NTC6K523 appears to be a "Negative Temperature Coefficient" thermistor with a resistance of 6.523 kohm at 25 C.

6523 is almost exactly the parallel combination of 10K, 30K and 50K (6521.7) which are all standard thermistor values.

i'd guess his is two or three thermistors connected in parallel
however i was unable to find a trio of standard values that makes 511 ohms at 100C. 10//30//50 I get 411 ohms from the old Fenwall table, which is same as Omega's.

Likes Asymptotic
jim hardy said:
however i was unable to find a trio of standard values that makes 511 ohms at 100C.
You need to get the correct R 25 and a final β close to 3735 K for the combination. That is a challenge with different βs.

The selection tables on the web search on R 25 and β 25/85 or similar.
β = 3735 K is close to standard values of 3600, 3610, 3670, 3700, 3730, 3740, 3797, 3800.
R 25 = 6k523 is nowhere near a standard R 25 resistance, 5k000, 6k000, 6k800.
It seems there are less thermistors available today than in the past.

The OP has asked the same question on duet3d, com and hvac-talk, com. They have one fruitless reply each.
We still do not know the package or the application.

Likes Asymptotic
Baluncore said:
We still do not know the package or the application.
Good point. Mirroring @Baluncore, it would be very helpful to know
  • if this thermistor is in a probe body, or a discrete device in bead, disc, or another form factor.
  • what it is used for, preferably with model information for whatever instrumentation is used with it.
The more information the OP provides the greater the chances of success.

Took a quick look through the following suppliers.

TE Connectivity
Murata
Honeywell
http://amphenol-sensors.com/en/products/temperature/ntc-thermistors
Didn't find an exact match, either. Although one of the 6K Amphenol parts may come close it's difficult to justify expending too much effort in this snipe hunt with so many variables unaccounted for.

Murata has a LOT of thermistors. Many are surface mount, though.

Asymptotic said:
Although one of the 6K Amphenol parts may come close it's difficult to justify expending too much effort in this snipe hunt with so many variables unaccounted for.
yep. My OCD made me look at your Amphenol site though.

Beta value depends on what two temperatures it's calculated ffrom.
His R25/R100 ratio is 6523 / 511 = 12.765 ,
This material looked mighty close
http://amphenol-sensors.com/en/products/temperature/ntc-thermistors
click on " Temperature Resistance Curves" and go to page 64 of that pdf

upload_2017-10-29_7-29-21.png
His R100 / R25 = 511 / 6523 = 0.078338

upload_2017-10-29_7-17-2.png

0.078338 / 0.78822 = ~0.994, well within 1%
i'd say that's a decent match.

Learned a lot - thanks !

old jim

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-29_7-17-2.png
    upload_2017-10-29_7-17-2.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 746
  • upload_2017-10-29_7-29-21.png
    upload_2017-10-29_7-29-21.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 2,586
Last edited:
Hi guys,
its a bead type approx 2-3,5milimetres, wired connection , normally its used as a room thermostat, or for solar collector systems or buffer tank sensor...
For me its important at 25degrees celsius/6523ohms, and β approx 3725... Need same values as in my chart from 0degrees celsius to 100 degrees celsius..

any advice?
thanks
Matus

I think at this point i'd find a phone number for corporate office of whoever made your thermostat
ask the receptionist to connect me with " the most gray haired engineer in the place" , accept nothing less call the president if i have to

Say to said engineer
"I have you model XYZ thermostat with a 6523ohm NTC thermistor in it, Beta around 3770.. I need a replacement thermistor - do you have any, or where the heck did you guys find that oddball ? "

Hopefully he'll laugh and open up.

old jim

Last edited:
Likes Asymptotic
tanga2 said:
Need same values as in my chart from 0degrees celsius to 100 degrees celsius.
Why?

If the instrumentation is under your control wouldn't it be prudent to re-specify a common, "off the shelf" device, and modify the measurment circuit?
Specifying 6K523 with your temperature curve suggests specific instrumentation. What is it?

Given that typical applications are as a room thermostat, in solar power systems, and as a buffer tank sensor, what is your specific application?

"All About Thermistors" in the 1990 issue of Popular Electronics covers the basics.

The Amphenol D8.5 material Jim found is close to your curve. By mistake, I originally entered data from the PDF he linked to for the D9.5, and it turned out to be a slightly better fit.
6K523_curve.jpg

Call Amphenol, and find out if they will manufacture a 6523 ohm thermistor to your spec using the D9.5 material.

Amphenol_TypeMS(mark up).jpg

Attachments

• Amphenol_TypeMS(mark up).jpg
    Amphenol_TypeMS(mark up).jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,127
  • 6K523_curve.jpg
    6K523_curve.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 3,346
Likes jim hardy
If it's a room thermostat i'd just replace it with an old fashioned spring and mercury vial type..
no computer, no battery, no problem !
upload_2017-10-31_0-18-0.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-31_0-18-0.png
    upload_2017-10-31_0-18-0.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,154
Likes dlgoff and Asymptotic
tanga2 said:
For me its important at 25degrees celsius/6523ohms, and β approx 3725
We really are flying blind here. Why do you need a replacement?
Where does the unusual NTC6k523 specification or part number come from?
Is NTC6k523 specified on a parts list or circuit diagram? If so give us a copy.
Is NTC6k523 written on the PCB? if so a photo of the device would help.
Where did the resistance against temperature table you attached to the first post come from?
Did you measure it to be 6k523 at 25C with a multimeter? How do you know it was not faulty when you measured it?
Are there any series or parallel resistors in the circuit with the thermistor?
Does the thermistor have any markings on it? Any manufacturers logo, text or package colour would help.
What is the make and model of the product that uses such an unusual component.
When was it manufactured? in which country?
tanga2 said:
any advice?
You need to provide more detailed application information, not less.
Generalisations and minimal information is a liability, not an advantage.
Your reticence to answer questions and provide prompt feedback does not help us, or you.

Likes Tom.G, Asymptotic and jim hardy
Baluncore said:
You need to provide more detailed application information, not less.
Generalisations and minimal information is a liability, not an advantage.
I totally agree, however by not knowing the application for sure, you get cool post like this. :devil:
jim hardy said:
If it's a room thermostat i'd just replace it with an old fashioned spring and mercury vial type..
no computer, no battery, no problem !
View attachment 214073
:angel:

Likes Asymptotic

Related to NTC6K523 Thermistor Replacement | Exact Values for 0-100°C Temperature Range

1. What is a thermistor?

A thermistor is a type of temperature sensor that uses the principle of resistance to measure changes in temperature. Its resistance decreases as the temperature increases, and vice versa.

2. Why do I need to replace my NTC6K523 thermistor?

Thermistors can become damaged or worn out over time, leading to inaccurate temperature readings. It is important to replace them periodically to ensure accurate and reliable temperature measurements.

3. How do I know when my NTC6K523 thermistor needs to be replaced?

If you notice that your thermistor is giving consistently incorrect temperature readings, or if it is physically damaged, it is likely time to replace it.

4. What are the exact values for the 0-100°C temperature range for the NTC6K523 thermistor replacement?

The exact values for the 0-100°C temperature range will vary depending on the specific model and manufacturer of the thermistor. It is important to consult the datasheet or specifications for your specific thermistor to ensure accurate values.

5. Can I replace my NTC6K523 thermistor with any other thermistor?

It is generally recommended to replace a thermistor with the same model and specifications to ensure accurate temperature readings. However, if a suitable replacement with similar values is not available, a different thermistor can be used but may require calibration to ensure accurate readings.