NPN question typo or my misunderstanding

• Thread starter KrNx2Oh7
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Npn
In summary, an NPN question typo is a mistake made in the formulation of a question that involves the use of the terms NPN. It can significantly impact the meaning of the question and lead to misunderstandings. Common misunderstandings related to NPN questions include using the terms incorrectly, mixing up the order of NPN, or not understanding the concept altogether. To avoid making a typo in an NPN question, it is essential to double-check and have a good understanding of NPN terminology and concepts. In case a typo is noticed after the question is submitted, it is best to inform the person responsible or the relevant authority to make the necessary corrections.
KrNx2Oh7
Ok so I'm reviewing npn transistors and here is what I am looking at

http://postimage.org/image/sdywponvv/

Now the book I bought says Ib = (VE + 0.6V)/R1
I have no idea why it would be that

Isn't it suppose to be

(Vcc -0.6V)/R1 for Ib

The transistor is definitely on as emitter is grounded
and it says that there isn't too big of a voltage drop over the collector side light bulb so it should be in linear region

So Typo or am I misunderstanding something

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
You are right.

Related to NPN question typo or my misunderstanding

1. What is an NPN question typo?

An NPN question typo refers to a mistake made in the formulation of a question that involves the use of the terms NPN. NPN stands for "N-type, P-type, and N-type" and is used in electronics and semiconductor physics.

2. How does a typo affect the meaning of an NPN question?

A typo in an NPN question can significantly impact the meaning of the question and potentially lead to confusion or incorrect answers. It is essential to be precise and accurate when using technical terminology like NPN.

3. What are some common misunderstandings related to NPN questions?

Some of the most common misunderstandings related to NPN questions include using the terms incorrectly, mixing up the order of NPN, or not understanding the concept of NPN altogether. It is crucial to have a solid understanding of NPN before attempting to formulate or answer questions related to it.

4. How can I avoid making a typo in an NPN question?

To avoid making a typo in an NPN question, it is essential to double-check and proofread the question before submitting it. It may also be helpful to have a colleague or peer review the question for accuracy. Additionally, having a good understanding of NPN terminology and concepts can help prevent typos.

5. What should I do if I notice a typo in an NPN question after it has been submitted?

If you notice a typo in an NPN question after it has been submitted, it is best to inform the person responsible for the question or the relevant authority. They can then make the necessary corrections to ensure the question is accurate and does not cause any confusion or misunderstanding.