Notification alert / last visit

• Thread starter Andre
  • Start date
In summary, a member suggests using a lower format for notifications, as some members may not notice messages or PMs from days ago. There has also been an instance where a member discovered their account had been hacked due to an impossible "last visit" time. Therefore, it may be beneficial to have that feature available. The administrator agrees to consider the suggestion and has added a red underline to indicate new notifications.
Andre
I'm sorry, not sure if there was a dedicated thread for adaptions on the new skin. But here is a suggestion:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22026080/notifications.jpg

If the lower format was used, members may find out that they had pm's and messages from days ago that they never noticed.

Also, I know of one instant that a member found out that her account had been hacked because of an impossible 'last visit' time. So it might be useful sometimes to have that back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Andre said:
If the lower format was used, members may find out that they had pm's and messages from days ago that they never noticed.

Sounds reasonable. I'll see what I can do.

edit: I have added a red underline.

Last edited:

Related to Notification alert / last visit

1. What is a notification alert?

A notification alert is a message or signal that is sent to a user to inform them about a specific event or action. It is typically displayed on the user's device, such as a phone or computer, and can come in the form of a pop-up, sound, or badge on an app icon.

2. How do notification alerts work?

Notification alerts work by using push notifications, which are messages sent from a server to a client device. These notifications are then displayed to the user, either immediately or at a scheduled time, depending on the device's settings. The user must have an internet connection and have given permission for notifications to be sent in order for them to receive these alerts.

3. Can I customize my notification alerts?

Yes, most devices and apps allow users to customize their notification alerts. This can include choosing which apps can send notifications, setting the type of alert (e.g. sound, vibration), and even creating personalized alerts for specific contacts or events.

4. What is the last visit notification alert?

The last visit notification alert is a type of notification that informs a user about their last visit to a certain location or website. This can be useful for tracking one's internet usage or for reminding a user about a particular website they visited.

5. How can I manage my notification alerts?

Most devices and apps have settings that allow users to manage their notification alerts. This can include turning off notifications for certain apps, adjusting the frequency or type of alerts, and even setting a do not disturb mode for a specific time period. Users can also manage their notification settings directly within their device's settings or through the app's settings.