Not guilty. The Israeli captain who put 17 bullets into a Palestinian schoolgirl

• News
  • Thread starter Bilal
  • Start date
I think it was last year?In summary, a soldier in a watchtower ignored warnings about a terrified teenage girl and a captain later confirmed her killing as standard practice. The conversation that took place between a soldier in a watchtower, an army operations room, and Captain R revealed that the girl was initially described as a "little girl" and "scared to death" but was still shot despite dropping her schoolbag and heading away from the army post. The conversation also brought up the issue of anti-Semitism and the ongoing conflict in the region, with many calling for a fair and balanced plan to protect the rights of all people involved. There have been examples of both sides using violence, including the use of children, in this conflict.
I do not believe in what called religious ware between Judaism and Islam. We have Palestinian Jews who living in my city since 3000 years, also we have many Christian. This is pure political conflict between the Zionists who believe that Palestinian are inferior nation and they should give their country to the Jews, and on the other hand the Palestinian who believe that they should defend their country and their lives by all means.

There is a problem with some scholars of the extreme salafi Muslims who represent a tiny percentage of Muslims. I am sure they have many similar groups among all the rest of religions.

I am not so religious, but at least I know these verses of Koran which reject sucide and violence:

. "O ye who believe!... [do not] kill yourselves, for truly Allah has been to you Most Merciful. If any do that in rancour and injustice, soon shall We cast him into the Fire..." (Qur'an 4:29-30).
. "The blame is only against those who oppress men with wrongdoing and insolently transgress beyond bounds through the land, defying right and justice. For such there will be a chastisement grievous (in the Hereafter)" (42:42).
"O ye who believe! Remain steadfast for Allah, bearing witness to justice. Do not allow your hatred for others make you swerve to wrongdoing and turn you away from justice. Be just; that is closer to true piety."
- Qur'an, Surah al-Maidah (5:8)
And fight in the way of Allah those who fight you. But do not transgress limits. Truly Allah loves not the transgressors."
- Qur'an, Surah Al-Baqarah (2:190)

selfAdjoint said:
I believe Islam, like Christianity defines suicide as a sin, but martyrdom in support of the Faith as a sure guarantee of salvation. In neither case do they tend to look all that close at the detailed circumstances of the martyrdom, but there's the unspoken warning: "Don't try this at home!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
josh1 said:
Here's an idea. Instead of murdering other's, why don't arabs just blow themselves up at home as a kind of faith based statement in the belief that they'll be rewarded in the next world. In fact, they may as well forget about bombs and just take an overdose of sleeping pills (recommended for female terrorists) or shoot themselves in the head (recommended for male terrorists) or just get together and cut each other's heads off, since they seem to have a real penchant for that.
Hey great idea... I can see you have thought that one through :confused:

Anttech said:
Hey great idea... I can see you have thought that one through :confused:
Racists rarely think things through. That's why they're racists.

I do feel that one source of these actions is anger due to the mistreatement of those around them. But there is also the massive glorification of becoming a martyr that seems to exist within the Palestinian youth, blatently instilled through indoctination."

Do you think its a coincedence that Martydom is highly regarded in Islam, after the slaughter of Mulsims by the Christian crusades into Jersulem? ...

You reap what you soe