Newton's second Law of Acceleration, Inertia and Momentum, Freefall

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of inertia and its role in objects falling at the same rate in a vacuum. Newton's second law and the relationship between force and mass is also mentioned, along with the idea of momentum and its calculation. The speaker also brings up the idea of gravity being an accelerative force and its connection to mass, and wonders why both objects hit the limiting surface at the same time in a vacuum. The conversation also touches on the idea of knowledge being a discourse between competing minds, and the importance of precise language in scientific discussions.
jeffrey c mc. said:
Turtlemeister;

I got finished with last post after your post #32. In another OP I was concerned about the usage of having two objects in, or described as occupying an one-dimensional construct. Is your description of describing the dynamics of just two objects and the characteristics of gravity dynamics, using such a principle?

I don't know what principle you're talking about. You may be able to answer the question yourself by googeling "two body problem".

jeffrey c mc. said:
Also, is it not so that a violation of a natural law can happen, yet, if it does, it produces an anomaly, as phenomena.

I think you meant "law of nature, or physical law" instead of "natural law". No, I've never heard of anything like that. The conservation of momentum, which I referred to in my post, is one of the most fundamental concepts of physics. There has never been an observation of it being violated. In other words, you can bet the farm on it.

Buckleymanor, you should try to fix your quotes before the edit time runs out. Make sure each quote has the "QUOTE=TurtleMeister;4375163" at the beginning and the "/QUOTE" at the end.

Buckleymanor said:
When you say the acceleration of Earth 1 would increase I can't see how the acceleration would be very very small if you introduced an Earth 2.

You are correct. Disregard the last sentence. I forgot that we were changing the mass of the bowling ball to the mass of earth. That's quite a change in mass. :)

Buckleymanor said:
You say that it doesn't matter what the masses (sizes) are.If you increased the mass of Earth 2 beyond the size of the Earth then won't Earth 1 accelerate at a speed greater than Earth 2 towards it?
ie,more than9.8 mtrs/sec.

Yes, that is correct. What I meant by saying "it doesn't matter what the masses are" is that it makes no difference as far as the UFF is concerned. You stated in a previous post; "When things are scaled up don't they get stranger". What I'm saying is, no they don't. It's still physics as usual.

<h2>What is Newton's second law of acceleration?</h2><p>Newton's second law of acceleration states that the acceleration of an object is directly proportional to the net force acting on it and inversely proportional to its mass. This means that the greater the force applied to an object, the greater its acceleration will be, and the more massive the object, the less it will accelerate.</p><h2>What is inertia and how does it relate to Newton's second law?</h2><p>Inertia is the tendency of an object to resist changes in its state of motion. According to Newton's second law, an object with more mass will have more inertia and will require more force to accelerate it. This is because the greater the mass, the greater the resistance to changes in motion.</p><h2>How does Newton's second law explain momentum?</h2><p>Newton's second law also explains the concept of momentum, which is the product of an object's mass and velocity. According to the law, the greater the force applied to an object, the greater its acceleration and therefore, the greater its change in momentum. This is why larger forces can cause objects to have more momentum.</p><h2>What is freefall and how does it relate to Newton's second law?</h2><p>Freefall is the motion of an object under the sole influence of gravity. According to Newton's second law, the acceleration of an object in freefall is constant and equal to the acceleration due to gravity. This means that all objects, regardless of their mass, will accelerate towards the ground at the same rate.</p><h2>How does air resistance affect objects in freefall?</h2><p>Air resistance is a force that opposes the motion of an object through air. In freefall, air resistance can cause objects to accelerate at a slower rate than the acceleration due to gravity. This is because the force of air resistance is proportional to the speed of the object and acts in the opposite direction of its motion, slowing it down. As a result, objects in freefall may reach a terminal velocity where the force of air resistance is equal to the force of gravity, causing the object to stop accelerating and fall at a constant speed.</p>

Related to Newton's second Law of Acceleration, Inertia and Momentum, Freefall

What is Newton's second law of acceleration?

Newton's second law of acceleration states that the acceleration of an object is directly proportional to the net force acting on it and inversely proportional to its mass. This means that the greater the force applied to an object, the greater its acceleration will be, and the more massive the object, the less it will accelerate.

What is inertia and how does it relate to Newton's second law?

Inertia is the tendency of an object to resist changes in its state of motion. According to Newton's second law, an object with more mass will have more inertia and will require more force to accelerate it. This is because the greater the mass, the greater the resistance to changes in motion.

How does Newton's second law explain momentum?

Newton's second law also explains the concept of momentum, which is the product of an object's mass and velocity. According to the law, the greater the force applied to an object, the greater its acceleration and therefore, the greater its change in momentum. This is why larger forces can cause objects to have more momentum.

What is freefall and how does it relate to Newton's second law?

Freefall is the motion of an object under the sole influence of gravity. According to Newton's second law, the acceleration of an object in freefall is constant and equal to the acceleration due to gravity. This means that all objects, regardless of their mass, will accelerate towards the ground at the same rate.

How does air resistance affect objects in freefall?

Air resistance is a force that opposes the motion of an object through air. In freefall, air resistance can cause objects to accelerate at a slower rate than the acceleration due to gravity. This is because the force of air resistance is proportional to the speed of the object and acts in the opposite direction of its motion, slowing it down. As a result, objects in freefall may reach a terminal velocity where the force of air resistance is equal to the force of gravity, causing the object to stop accelerating and fall at a constant speed.