Engineering field Project in Mississippi

In summary, a junior in high school from Mississippi is participating in a science fair and has chosen engineering as the subject for their project. They are still undecided on a specific topic and ask for ideas. After some discussion, they decide to focus on propeller design in the field of watercraft. They also express concerns about their lack of knowledge in physics and math, but are willing to learn in order to complete their project.
Amitabh
Hi everyone

Im a junior in high school in mississippi and a science fair has just been started at our school. our teacher said that our project can be on any subject and i have decided to do one in the engineering field. Now what exactly i want to do, i am not really sure, so please if you don't mind, i need some ideas before Friday morning (9/19).Thanks alot

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
What is it about engineering that
you like? When you think about
engineering what particular kind
of engineering do you end up
thinking about the most?

In other words, your best bet is
to narrow things down to what
you are most enthusiastic about.
You like bridges? You like towers?
You like satellites?

So, put your finger on what it is
you're exited enough about to get
through the research and work it
will take to put your project
together.

well, i have decided to do my project on propeller design, but i haven't taken a physics course yet. Is it possible to learn this math and physics for the project out of class or is it within my reach.

Aircraft or watercraft?

im doing it in watercraft, and sorry for the late reply

Have you given any thought about your exact topic?

There are a bunch of things you could do without knowing a whole lot about the intricacies of aerodynamics.

You're only a junior, so you probably won't need to go much deeper than a 'first cut approximation' (correct me if I'm wrong, here... I've never entered a science fair)

yes after some long reading i have decided that my project will be on propeller design and how engine performance is related to that

You could investigate the relationship between pitch, rpm, and power.

1. What is the purpose of the engineering field project in Mississippi?

The purpose of the engineering field project in Mississippi is to address a specific problem or need in the state through the application of engineering principles and techniques. This could include designing and constructing infrastructure, developing new technologies, or improving existing systems.

2. Who is involved in the engineering field project in Mississippi?

The engineering field project in Mississippi involves a team of engineers, scientists, and other professionals who work together to plan, design, and implement the project. This team may also collaborate with government agencies, local communities, and other stakeholders to ensure the project's success.

3. What are the potential benefits of the engineering field project in Mississippi?

The potential benefits of the engineering field project in Mississippi can vary depending on the specific project, but some common benefits may include improved infrastructure, increased efficiency and cost savings, environmental sustainability, and enhanced quality of life for residents in the state.

4. How is the engineering field project in Mississippi funded?

The engineering field project in Mississippi may be funded through a variety of sources, such as government grants, private investments, or partnerships with businesses or organizations. The funding typically depends on the nature and scope of the project, as well as its potential impact and benefits.

5. What are some challenges that may arise during the engineering field project in Mississippi?

Some potential challenges that may arise during the engineering field project in Mississippi include budget constraints, environmental concerns, technical difficulties, and community resistance. The project team must be prepared to address these challenges and find appropriate solutions to ensure the project's success.