Newsletter Error: General Physics Labels Misleading

• Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date
In summary, the newsletter summarizes all listed threads under the label "General Physics", regardless of its actual origin. I've seen this at least in both of the last newsletters. At first I thought they were actually all from GP, but now I had a closer look and they aren't.
fresh_42
Mentor
Insights Author
2023 Award
The newsletter summarizes all listed threads under the label "General Physics", regardless of its actual origin. I've seen this at least in both of the last newsletters. At first I thought they were actually all from GP, but now I had a closer look and they aren't.

Likes berkeman and Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
Newsletter ?

Likes Borg
BvU said:
Newsletter ?

"Top Science Discussions from Last Week" weekly e-mail. Highly recommended : always something interesting.

Probably the "Receive News and Update e-mails" checkbox under Account Settings > Privacy.

Likes BvU
fresh_42 said:
The newsletter summarizes all listed threads under the label "General Physics", regardless of its actual origin. I've seen this at least in both of the last newsletters. At first I thought they were actually all from GP, but now I had a closer look and they aren't.
Thanks @fresh_42 -- I had wondered about that as well. I just thought Greg was spending a lot of time in the GP forum, and ignoring all the other ones... :smile:

Likes Wrichik Basu
hmmm27 said:
"Top Science Discussions from Last Week" weekly e-mail. Highly recommended : always something interesting.

Probably the "Receive News and Update e-mails" checkbox under Account Settings > Privacy.
No, it is something else. I have that checked and don't get mails. But I know Greg can send some weekly summaries or similar around.

mfb said:
No, it is something else. I have that checked and don't get mails. But I know Greg can send some weekly summaries or similar around.

A quick check on my e-mail folder for the forums, and it looks like the first one was "We miss you..." after a prolonged absence, so maybe you have to leave for awhile before you start getting them. (It worked : QED :oldsmile:)

mfb said:
Same here. I don't get it too.

As (mostly) a casual lurker, it's great. YMMV

The e-mail comes out every Tuesday morning (US time). There is the one from this past Tuesday:

upload_2019-2-1_8-48-20.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-1_8-48-20.png
    upload_2019-2-1_8-48-20.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 314
Likes hmmm27 and Janosh89
Just an update: the error is still present in today's newsletter.

Related to Newsletter Error: General Physics Labels Misleading

1. What does the term "General Physics Labels Misleading" mean in the context of a newsletter error?

The term "General Physics Labels Misleading" refers to a mistake in labeling or categorizing information related to physics in a newsletter. This could include incorrect terminology, misleading descriptions, or misrepresentation of scientific principles.

2. How does a newsletter error related to general physics labels impact the accuracy of the information presented?

A newsletter error that involves general physics labels can significantly impact the accuracy of the information presented. This is because incorrect or misleading labels can lead to a misunderstanding of scientific concepts and ultimately result in false or misleading information being shared.

3. What are some common causes of newsletter errors related to general physics labels?

Some common causes of newsletter errors related to general physics labels include human error, lack of understanding of scientific terminology, and failure to fact-check information before publishing it.

4. How can newsletter errors related to general physics labels be prevented?

To prevent newsletter errors related to general physics labels, it is important to have a thorough understanding of the scientific concepts being discussed and to fact-check all information before publishing it. It can also be helpful to have multiple people review the newsletter for accuracy and to use reputable sources for information.

5. What should be done if a newsletter error related to general physics labels is discovered?

If a newsletter error related to general physics labels is discovered, it is important to correct the mistake as soon as possible. This can involve issuing a correction or retraction, as well as apologizing for any misinformation that may have been shared. It is also important to take steps to prevent similar errors from occurring in the future.