Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

New Reply Check: Frustrated by a feature of this site

Prove It

MHB Math Helper
Jan 26, 2012
Five times I tried and failed to reply to a topic, simply because in that space of time somebody else was replying. No, I don't want to review my post, it is still entirely valid! Then when I try again to post, it won't let me because of the time that must pass before another post can be put onto a thread. But in that time someone else posts and I get told to review my post again. GAH!

ineedhelpnow

Jul 3, 2014
i find that being told that someone else posted something new is a good thing but i also just absolutely hate having to wait a certain time limit before you can actually post.

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Five times I tried and failed to reply to a topic, simply because in that space of time somebody else was replying. No, I don't want to review my post, it is still entirely valid! Then when I try again to post, it won't let me because of the time that must pass before another post can be put onto a thread. But in that time someone else posts and I get told to review my post again. GAH!
I have created a custom profile field that will now allow everyone to decide whether they want the new reply check or not. Go to your settings, and edit profile, and you will find at the bottom of the page, a radio button that will allow you to disable the new reply check if you desire. The default setting is to enable the check, so if you wish to disable it, you will need to edit this field. This profile field is private, and only those with sufficient permissions can view the value of this field on user profiles. :D

Prove It

MHB Math Helper
Jan 26, 2012
I have created a custom profile field that will now allow everyone to decide whether they want the new reply check or not. Go to your settings, and edit profile, and you will find at the bottom of the page, a radio button that will allow you to disable the new reply check if you desire. The default setting is to enable the check, so if you wish to disable it, you will need to edit this field. This profile field is private, and only those with sufficient permissions can view the value of this field on user profiles. :D
Thank you Mark, will check it out now :)