New Paper by Manfred Requardt: Wormhole Spaces & Entanglement

• Thread starter John86
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Paper
In summary, the conversation discusses a paper by Requardt on wormhole spaces and their relationship to black hole entropy, the holographic principle, and quantum entanglement. The paper proposes that the quantum vacuum contains a web of microscopic wormholes, which generate long-range correlations and serve as a common cause for these phenomena. The conversation also mentions how this theory aligns better with reality compared to Newton's theory of gravity.
John86
Screening arXiv i found this really interesting paper by Requardt. altough i don't undestand it completely. i think his idea of emergent relativity and quantum mechanics is really good. It is also what my landsman Gerard 't Hooft proposes.

Greetings John.

http://arxiv.org/abs/0910.4017
Wormhole Spaces: the Common Cause for the Black Hole Entropy-Area Law,the Holographic Principle and Quantum Entanglement
Authors: Manfred Requardt
(Submitted on 21 Oct 2009)
Abstract: We present strong arguments that the deep structure of the quantum vacuum contains a web of microscopic wormholes or short-cuts. We develop the concept of wormhole spaces and show that this web of wormholes generate a peculiar array of long-range correlations in the patterns of vacuum fluctuations on the Planck scale. We conclude that this translocal structure represents the common cause for both the BH-entropy-area law, the more general holographic principle and the entanglement phenomena in quantum theory. In so far our approach exhibits a common structure which underlies both gravity and quantum theory on a microscopic scale. A central place in our analysis is occupied by a quantitative derivation of the distribution laws of microscopic wormholes in the quantum vacuum. This makes it possible to address a number of open questions and controversial topics in the field of quantum gravity.

Physics news on Phys.org
Newton said an apple fell down because of gravity. In my garden all apples are subjected to gravity but only worm-eaten and rotten fall down. I think Requardt's theory corresponds better to reality.

Last edited:

Thank you for sharing this interesting paper, John. I agree with you that Requardt's idea of emergent relativity and quantum mechanics is intriguing. From what I understand, he proposes that the quantum vacuum contains a network of microscopic wormholes that give rise to long-range correlations and ultimately explain the black hole entropy-area law, holographic principle, and quantum entanglement.

I find it fascinating that this concept could bridge the gap between gravity and quantum theory on a microscopic scale. It also offers a potential explanation for some of the mysteries in quantum gravity.

I am particularly interested in Requardt's approach to deriving the distribution laws of these microscopic wormholes in the quantum vacuum. This could shed light on some of the unanswered questions in quantum gravity and provide a deeper understanding of the underlying structure of the universe.

Overall, I think this paper adds an interesting perspective to the ongoing discussions on the relationship between gravity and quantum mechanics. Thank you for sharing, John. I look forward to further discussions on this topic.

Related to New Paper by Manfred Requardt: Wormhole Spaces & Entanglement

1. What is the main concept behind Manfred Requardt's new paper on Wormhole Spaces & Entanglement?

The main concept of Requardt's paper is the exploration of the relationship between wormhole spaces and entanglement in quantum mechanics. Requardt proposes that wormhole spaces may be able to produce entangled particles, which could have implications for our understanding of the quantum world.

2. How does Requardt's paper contribute to our current understanding of wormholes and entanglement?

Requardt's paper provides a new perspective on the connection between wormhole spaces and entanglement, and suggests that wormholes may play a role in producing entangled particles. This could potentially expand our understanding of these phenomena and how they relate to each other.

3. What is the significance of studying wormhole spaces and entanglement?

Studying wormhole spaces and entanglement can help us gain a deeper understanding of the fundamental workings of the universe. It may also have practical applications in fields such as quantum computing and communication.

4. What are some potential implications of Requardt's findings in his paper?

Requardt's findings could impact our understanding of quantum mechanics and potentially lead to new developments in the fields of wormhole research and entanglement. It could also have implications for our understanding of space and time.

5. Are there any criticisms or controversies surrounding Requardt's paper?

As with any scientific paper, there may be criticisms or debates surrounding Requardt's findings and conclusions. It is important for other scientists to review and replicate his experiments and research to further validate his claims and theories.