Network Printer Doesn't Responds

• Thread starter EMANUELI
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Network
In summary, the conversation is about a network with 13 computers and 8 printers shared among them, all running on Windows 98se. The problem is that the computers cannot access the printers and when trying to access the printer folder, the computer freezes and needs to be restarted. Suggestions are given, such as checking for updates or a firewall blocking access, but the issue is eventually solved by preventing certain programs from starting up when the computer boots.
EMANUELI
I Have A Network With 13 Different Types Of Computer And 8 Printer
Shared. All Computers Are Using Win 98se. The Thing Is I Can't Print In Any Of These Computers And Can't Even Access A Printer Folder In Any Of These Computers(start-setting-printer). The Network Is Ok But When I Tried To Access A Printer Folder In Any Of These Computer It Cant Open And It Stack/freeze And I Cant Continure Untill I Restart. Can Any Body Have A Sugestion Of What I Can Do To Get Out Of This Mess Pls.

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
So let me get this straight - You have 13 computers on a network. You say the network is ok, so i'll asume all the computers can get access to the internet and the computers can see each other.The problem is that you can't access the printers from any of the computers.

Questions: What type of print sharing hub are you using? Were you able at one time able to print from all the computers? Have you installed any software/updates recently that could have possibly affected printing? Do you have a firewall installed that is blocking access to the printing hub?

I find it hard to believe that these computers just stopped printing for no reason. You must have played around with something to make this happen.

Btw, why is every word start with a capital letter? it is rather annoying.

hoho install windows xp? more automatic for begginner like me =D

98 have bugs out date le i even frozen on local printer and i was using p4 hhoho

expscv said:
hoho install windows xp? more automatic for begginner like me =D

98 have bugs out date le i even frozen on local printer and i was using p4 hhoho

Thanks for all who replied this thread. The strage thing is i solved the problem by preventing some programs to star while the computer is starting.
I don't know for sure the technical problem but by doung that it works. I went to start menu and click on run. I type msconfig and click ok. Click on startup and i unchecked some programs which seems to me as junk an i click ok.I did restart the computer an the problem went of once and for all. Thank for all your correspondence especialy ADD.
Kessy.

i have got the answer!

Thank for your all good responce especially dd! The strange thing is i solved the problem by removing some programs to start while computer the computer is starting. I click on start menu and then run, I type mscomfig and click ok, click on startup and then unchecked some programs which seems to me as junk. I restart the computer and the problems went of for once and for all. I did this to the rest of the computer and they are all working fine now. Yet I don't know the technical problem but i did this and its ok. It minght sound silly but sometime it works.

Related to Network Printer Doesn't Responds

1. Why is my network printer not responding?

There could be several reasons for this issue. It could be due to a connectivity problem, incorrect printer settings, or a hardware malfunction. It is best to troubleshoot each of these possibilities to determine the exact cause.

2. How do I troubleshoot my network printer?

To troubleshoot your network printer, first check the network connections to ensure they are secure and functioning properly. Then, verify that the printer is turned on and has enough paper and ink or toner. You can also try restarting the printer and your computer, as well as checking for any error messages on the printer's display or in the printer's software.

3. What can I do if my network printer is not connecting to my computer?

If your network printer is not connecting to your computer, try restarting both devices and checking the network connections. You can also try reinstalling the printer driver and making sure the printer is set as the default printer on your computer. If the issue persists, it could be a problem with the printer itself and it may need to be serviced or replaced.

4. How can I check the printer settings to resolve the issue?

To check the printer settings, go to the printer's control panel or settings in the printer software on your computer. Make sure the printer is set as the default printer, the correct paper size and type is selected, and any other necessary settings are configured correctly. You can also try resetting the printer to its default settings and then reconfiguring it.

5. Can a firewall or antivirus software affect my network printer's connectivity?

Yes, a firewall or antivirus software can sometimes block the communication between your computer and the network printer, causing it to not respond. To resolve this, you can temporarily disable the firewall or antivirus software and see if the printer responds. If it does, you may need to adjust the settings to allow the printer to communicate with your computer.