Top Country Music Singers: Who's Your Favorite?

• Music
  • Thread starter Pattielli
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Music
In summary, there is talk about genres and what people like, and someone has a liver spot on their hand.
Pattielli
Is anyone of you here into this genre ? Who do you like most ?(singers)

Science news on Phys.org
i like the new stuff, rockin country

i_wish_i_was_smart said:
i like the new stuff, rockin country
i like country music so much that when I am at school, I ues headfone
When i am at home, I use radio
And when I use it, everyone knows because I like noise, and I like to draw people attention. <<<<<<<smilies>>>>>>>>>

thats too much country haha jk
its good to have a varied music interests

Evo said:
Country music is kewl always kewl to me.
When i look at your avatar, I guess you like rock-n-roll, perhaps "sharp" rock, hit and kick hard like guitar sounds <<smila>>

can't stand it.

I have been exposed (and have exposed myself :shy: ) to a multitude of different musical genres. It took a little time to develop an appreciation for country music, as I now recall, but I do enjoy listening to some of it. Sometimes the lyrics express to me something meaningful and deep, sometimes it is only the tempo and vocals that appeal, occasional all aspects combine to form something extra special. Still;

The old-time Calypso really sweet,
Plenty rhythm and plenty beat.
They have some great Calypso today,
But don’t forget yesterday.
~
Blow wind blow, blow wind blow,
Sometimes I wish the wind would blow back the old-time Calypso.

-The Tradewinds

You can download a free sample if you’d like to expose yourself to something perhaps a little different (this song is track number 4) ;
http://ecaroh.com/calypso/tradewinds_greatesthits_vol2.htm

:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not really a fan of country music, but I do like instrumental bluegrass by artists like YoYo Ma. Nothin' gets me fiddlin' like some good ol' fashion folk music.

I like a lot of it in the mid-1950s to early 1970s. Johnny Cash especially. Buck Owens in his early years with the Buckaroos too. And if any song ever had more attitude than Jeannie Riley's Harper Valley P.T.A., I'd like to know what it is.

Am not a huge fan of country music. It's just tooooo... blah! My cousin from kentucky came to SA last year and she made me listen to some of her cd's.. it was really bad. Like eating boiled socks with cabbage.

Oh my, That Jeff Miller's guitar image reminds me of "Spanish Guitar" by Toni Braxton. Not in this genre though,

My cousin from kentucky came to SA last year and she made me listen to some of her cd's.. it was really bad. Like eating boiled socks with cabbage.
Oh well, you are not a hugh fan but you are still a fan, right ? It is just that you are not a hugh one...:smile. But you know, I always believe people who say No to something are those who actually always want to say YES..:smile. (just a joke, since it is your own private "hobby").

I like GeorgeStraits, TimMcGraw, and many others
i also agree with BoulderHead that sometimes there are also lots of considerate lyrics, yes very thoughtful, i love country rythm.
And my answer to Rap/Hiphop is a big No.

Listen, Everyone, is it true that most of the cases, only aged people love Country music ?
I don't know but I am still not reaching 50...

Woooooooaahhh. I am not a fan of country music at all i was just trying to be subtle about my dislike for it. Anyways, if u can point out any good country music cd that i could listen to I wouldn't mind giving it a chance at redeeming itself. nothing with banjos... that's just freaky

mooberrymarz said:
Woooooooaahhh. I am not a fan of country music at all i was just trying to be subtle about my dislike for it. Anyways, if u can point out any good country music cd that i could listen to I wouldn't mind giving it a chance at redeeming itself. nothing with banjos... that's just freaky

What's wrong with banjos? I find them more interesting than the standard acoustic guitar that I've heard throughout the country music scene. booring.

I think modern country is about as bad as you can get, but I can dig some of the older stuff. Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, some bluegrass.

Yup, I can only think of about 3 country songs that DON'T make me want to kill myself

The devil went down to Georgia
Chatahoochie whatever
and uhh,

well, Make that two.

Does The Devil Went To Jamaica qualify as country music ? :biggrin:

is it true that most of the cases, only aged people love Country music ? - Pattielli

Driving home today I noticed that there is a little round brown splotch on the back of my right hand. I think it may be my first "liver spot" (as my mom used to call it), and that would confirm that I am getting to be what you would call "aged."

I don't suppose the quality of charm is very high on the rap generation's list of what is desirable in music, so this may not count for much with the young-uns here, but Connie Francis did a couple of very charming country albums in the early 1960s, and they are now available on one CD disc. Country from that era is substantially different than what you hear on country stations today. I personally can't get into modern country at all; it just doesn't move me.

Hypnagogue mentioned Hank Williams. If he was talking about the senior H.W., that is who I believe wrote Jambalaya which I think might be the cleverest bit of songwriting ever. That song shows up on six or eight of my CDs, with the versions by Connie Francis and by Gerry & the Pacemakers being especially good.

Last edited:
Janitor said:
Driving home today I noticed that there is a little round brown splotch on the back of my right hand. I think it may be my first "liver spot" (as my mom used to call it), and that would confirm that I am getting to be what you would call "aged."

I don't suppose the quality of charm is very high on the rap generation's list of what is desirable in music, so this may not count for much with the young-uns here, but Connie Francis did a couple of very charming country albums in the early 1960s, and they are now available on one CD disc. Country from that era is substantially different than what you hear on country stations today. I personally can't get into modern country at all; it just doesn't move me.

Hypnagogue mentioned Hank Williams. If he was talking about the senior H.W., that is who I believe wrote Jambalaya which I think might be the cleverest bit of songwriting ever. That song shows up on six or eight of my CDs, with the versions by Connie Francis and by Gerry & the Pacemakers being especially good.
I don't know what to say for you to get me right, but I don't think that "is" called "aged".
And i also actually don't get much what you have in your mind...

Hi Pattielli!

I am bad about using informal English and colloquialisms. Sorry!

May I ask what country you live in?

Have you ever noticed that elderly people have brown spots on the back of their hands? That is what I meant.

I am sorry,
Some people I have met have them, while some others do not...
That is why I said so...

Janitor said:
I am bad about using informal English and colloquialisms. Sorry!

And I thought you are getting gooder at the way you talk. :biggrin:

Yeah I like country, Dolly Parton is not bad at all (for my tin ears). :biggrin:

I also like her songs. lol

umm Janitor, i know what you mean when you say rap is more listened by someone my aged, I'm surounded by it everyday, but in my opinion rap sux WOOT

You like Rap ? Its noisie !

i said rap sux

I thought WOOT meant GOOD, :sm:

Country music? Can't bare it, but it is a good way to put me to sleep! lol.

an edmontonian? (I wish i was smart) I used to live there. I think it is still snowing there. Way too cold. I like the southeast much better (Florida !)

killerinstinct said:
an edmontonian? (I wish i was smart) I used to live there. I think it is still snowing there. Way too cold. I like the southeast much better (Florida !)
edmonton sux ass, i can't wait to move back home, as in where i was before, and please don't call me an edmontonian i resent this place and everything in it, i hate it, hate it with a passion, and no there is no more snow all over Canada

Pattielli said:
I thought WOOT meant GOOD, :sm:
as in "i'm glad it sux" or "its good that it sux"

:smil:

i have a problem, i hope this is where i should let people know, oh no, i will ask for your advice first of all...
I used to meet a man when I went camping a couple of years ago, I forgot to ask for his name...even now, we meet again sometimes but i still don't dare to ask for his name because he always sounds not to like me. When we are in a table for some talk/chat, he always tries to use some really easily hurting words...
I go everywhere and search again everything in all of the "corners" of my memory and i found a fact that he really hates me...for the only reason that i took his loaf of bread ! (that bread was not his)
And other points, when we were in such tense sits, lots of programming monk3ys coming up and they did nothing but add more oils for the flames between us to burn higher !

>>>>Note: the bread is not his but it doesn't mean it is mine. Lots of my friends who are srounding me now tell me some more details...and also ask me to 100% stop thinking about it...
I now don't know anything again...True !

Can you give me advice ? thank you,

Last edited:
How about handing him a fresh loaf of bread and saying; here, I won't feel better until you accept this...

Next time you see him, tell him you have noticed some tension between the two of you and ask him if it was because you took the bread. This will probably surprise him, and if it was because of the bread, the two of you can talk about it and put it behind you (won't hurt for you to apologize if you feel bad about it). If it wasn't the bread, you may be able to find out if he dislikes you for some other reason, or if you are reading too much into his actions.