Need specific Hubble images. Archive does not have them.

In summary, the speaker is doing a summer internship and their supervisor is currently unavailable. The supervisor has asked for specific HST images of M31 on certain dates, but the speaker has been unable to find these images in the Hubble archive. They are seeking guidance on where to find these images.
Peb63
I'm doing a summer internship and my supervisor is currently away and uncontactable. He left me details of certain Hubble images to download and analyse asking for HST images of M31 with coordinates 00:42:52.534 +41:18:54.17 on 2006-07-15 and 2007-01-12. (YYYY-MM-DD)

The problem is that observations on these dates for M31 do not exist on the hubble archive. Nearby dates do not have enough of the field to be aligned with one another and there is also the issue of different exposure times.

I would have posted this in the Hubble forums but it's down at the moment afaik. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Those aren't what I'm looking for but thank you.

Related to Need specific Hubble images. Archive does not have them.

1. Why doesn't the Hubble archive have the specific images I need?

The Hubble archive is a vast collection of images and data that have been taken by the Hubble Space Telescope over the past few decades. While it contains a large number of images, it is not comprehensive and may not have the specific images you are looking for.

2. How can I request specific images from the Hubble archive?

You can request specific images from the Hubble archive by submitting a proposal to the Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI), which manages the Hubble Space Telescope. Your proposal must go through a rigorous review process before it is approved and the images are taken.

3. Can I access the Hubble archive for free?

Yes, the Hubble archive is available for free to anyone with internet access. However, certain data sets and images may have restrictions on their use and may require a formal proposal to STScI for access.

4. Are there alternative sources for Hubble images if the archive does not have them?

Yes, there are alternative sources for Hubble images if the archive does not have them. These include other publicly available archives like the European Space Agency's Hubble Science Archive and the Canadian Astronomy Data Centre.

5. How long does it typically take to receive images requested from the Hubble archive?

The time it takes to receive images requested from the Hubble archive can vary depending on the complexity of the proposal and the availability of the telescope. On average, it can take anywhere from a few months to a year to receive images from the Hubble archive.

Back