How Do I Begin an Outline for a System Analysis Project?

In summary, the conversation is about the speaker needing help with their system analysis and design assignment. They need to put together an outline for a deliverable which includes a risk management plan and a recommendation for a customer relationship management system. The goal of the system is to provide an incentive for customers to choose Petrie Electronics as their first choice for electronic purchases. The speaker is seeking guidance on how to start their outline and mentions the possibility of using a mind map, but notes the need to avoid any unrealistic ideas.
Susan Colins
Hi,

I need some help on my system analysis and design assignment. I need to put together part of an outline for a deliverable. Below is a little bit of background on the project.

This project will design and implement a customer relationship management system in order to provide superior customer service by rewarding our most loyal customers. Specifically, the system will track customer purchases, assign points for cumulative purchases, and allow points to be redeemed for "rewards" at local stores. This goal of this system is to provide an incentive to customers to choose Petrie Electronics as their first and only choice for making electronic purchases. The system will provide Petrie Management with improved information on the purchase behavior of our most loyal customers.

I need help starting my part of the outline for the deliverable

1. Risk Management Plan
a. Process
b. Risk Identification
c. Risk Analysis
d. Risk Response Planning
e. Risk monitoring, controlling, and reporting

2. Recommendation - detail narrative of your recommended solution. Be sure to discuss any alternatives investigated and why they were rejected in favor of your recommended solution. Include a discussion of the estimated cost to complete and the estimated schedule to complete with backup on how you arrived at these cost. The cost and schedule must be the same as in the Microsoft project deliverable below.

Just need some help understanding how to start this outline

Thanks,
Susan

Engineering news on Phys.org

Related to How Do I Begin an Outline for a System Analysis Project?

1. What is a deliverable?

A deliverable is a tangible or intangible product, service, or result that is required to be delivered to a client or stakeholder. It is typically a specific outcome or goal that is outlined in a project or task.

2. How do I create an outline for a deliverable?

To create an outline for a deliverable, you should first identify the main objectives or goals of the deliverable. Then, break down those objectives into smaller, achievable tasks. You can organize these tasks into a logical sequence and assign a timeline for completion. Finally, review and revise the outline as needed to ensure all necessary components are included.

3. What should be included in an outline for a deliverable?

An outline for a deliverable should include the main objectives, subtasks, timelines, and any resources or materials needed to complete the deliverable. It should also include any potential challenges or risks that may affect the completion of the deliverable.

4. How does an outline for a deliverable help with project management?

An outline for a deliverable helps with project management by providing a clear roadmap for completing the deliverable. It helps to break down a large project into smaller, manageable tasks and allows for better tracking of progress and identifying any potential issues early on. It also helps to ensure that all necessary components are included and completed on time.

5. Are there any tips for creating an effective outline for a deliverable?

Yes, some tips for creating an effective outline for a deliverable include: clearly defining the objectives and scope of the deliverable, breaking down tasks into smaller, achievable goals, assigning realistic timelines, regularly reviewing and updating the outline, and seeking input and feedback from team members or stakeholders.