Need MATLAB Implementation for OFDM Communication Systems in Continuous-Time?

In summary, the original poster is looking for assistance with creating a MATLAB implementation of OFDM communication systems in continuous time. They have provided the necessary math derivations and are specifically looking for help with generating the received signal and understanding the discrete-time equivalence of the system.
EngWiPy
Hello all,

Does it occur that anyone here working on OFDM communication systems? I need a MATLAB implementation of such systems in the continuous time. I will provide the math derivations if requested.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm sorry you are not finding help at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us?

Greg Bernhardt said:
I'm sorry you are not finding help at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us?

Thanks for bringing up this thread.

Usually, for communication systems, simulations are done in discrete-time. It is easier to understand, and easier to simulate. However, in my case in particular, this discrete-time equivalence doesn't work perfectly, and hence I need to do the simulations in the continuous-time, as it is transmitted in practice.

In particular, I want to generate this received signal in MATLAB:

[tex]v(t)=\sum_{k=0}^{K-1}d_ke^{j2 \pi \frac{k}{T}t}\sum_{p=1}^{N_p}h_pe^{-j2 \pi f_k\tau_p}g(t-\tau_p)[/tex]

where fk=f0+(k/T) is the kth subcarrier, T is the OFDM symbol duration, dk are the transmitted symbols, K is the number of subcarriers, hp are the path gains, taup are the paths delays, Np is the number of paths, and g(t) is a rectangular pulse of duration T+Tg and magnitude unity, where Tg is a guard interval.

This equation is obtain by transmitting the signal:

[tex]s(t)=\Re\{\sum_{k=0}^{K-1}d_ke^{j2 \pi f_k t}g(t)\}[/tex]

over the channel:

[tex]h(\tau)=\sum_{p=1}^{N_p}h_p\delta(\tau-\tau_p)[/tex]

where delta is the dirac delta function.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Related to Need MATLAB Implementation for OFDM Communication Systems in Continuous-Time?

1. What is MATLAB code for an OFDM system?

MATLAB code for an OFDM (Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing) system is a set of instructions that can be used to simulate and analyze an OFDM communication system. This code can be used to design, implement, and test various OFDM parameters such as modulation, coding, and channel characteristics.

2. How do I use MATLAB code for an OFDM system?

To use MATLAB code for an OFDM system, you first need to have MATLAB software installed on your computer. Then, you can open the code in MATLAB and run it. The code will have various parameters and settings that you can modify to suit your specific requirements. You can also use the code as a starting point and make any necessary changes to meet your specific needs.

3. What are the benefits of using MATLAB code for an OFDM system?

MATLAB code for an OFDM system offers many benefits, such as its flexibility and versatility. It allows for easy testing of various OFDM parameters and configurations, which can help in optimizing the system performance. Additionally, the code can be easily modified and customized to meet specific requirements, making it a valuable tool for research and development in the field of wireless communications.

4. Can I use MATLAB code for an OFDM system for educational purposes?

Yes, MATLAB code for an OFDM system can be used for educational purposes. It can be a valuable tool for students and researchers to learn and understand the principles of OFDM communication systems. By running the code, students can visualize the effects of different parameters and gain a better understanding of how an OFDM system works.

5. Are there any resources available for learning and using MATLAB code for an OFDM system?

Yes, there are many resources available for learning and using MATLAB code for an OFDM system. MATLAB provides documentation and tutorials on how to use the software and its various functions. Additionally, there are online forums, blogs, and websites that offer tips, tricks, and examples of using MATLAB for OFDM system simulations. You can also refer to textbooks and research papers for a more in-depth understanding of the topic.