Need Listing of Photon and Particle Quantum States

In summary, the conversation is about creating a comprehensive list of all known quantum states, specifically focusing on photon and particle states and classically entangled photon states. The individual is interested in finding an organization or resource that already has this information, but is also open to receiving responses from others to create their own list. They also inquire about other major categories of quantum states, such as spin, angular momentum, polarization, and energy level. However, it is mentioned that creating a complete list of quantum observables is not possible.
Adam Computes
Hi,
I am learning quantum entanglement. I am interested to create an up to date list of all known :

- Photon Quantum States
- Particle Quantum States
- Classically entagled photon states

I guess that there is an organization out there that already have this info.
If someone can point me into a link I'd appreciate it.

Once I have the list I'll be able to go over each one to better understand it.

Alternatively, I'd appreciate if people can respond with the states and I'll create my own list.

Thanks for the help!
Adam

Physics news on Phys.org
This is much too broad a topic for a PF thread, not to mention that your request is an impossible task in any case. The possible states of a quantum system depend on what kind of experiments you are doing and what kinds of interactions are present. There is no such thing as a single list of all such states.

If you are interested in experiments involving entanglement the best place to start is probably experiments in quantum computing.

Likes Adam Computes
Hi Peter,

Is it reasonable to ask about the different categories of states such as spin, angular momentum, polarization, energy level... are there other major categories?

Thanks!

Adam Computes said:
Hi Peter,

Is it reasonable to ask about the different categories of states such as spin, angular momentum, polarization, energy level... are there other major categories?

Thanks!

This still doesn't make any sense, because you're asking if there is such a thing as a listing of all observables! That is like asking for how many things we can measure or detect.

Zz.

OK then, I will contribute momentum and position.

What are the complete list of quantum Observables besides charge, position and momentum?

Related to Need Listing of Photon and Particle Quantum States

1. What is a photon and particle quantum state?

A photon and particle quantum state is a quantum mechanical description of the energy and momentum of a photon or particle. It describes the specific properties of a photon or particle, such as its energy level, spin, and position, in a given quantum system.

2. Why is it important to list the quantum states of photons and particles?

Listing the quantum states of photons and particles allows us to understand the behavior and interactions of these particles. It is crucial for studying and predicting the behavior of matter at the atomic and subatomic level, which has significant implications in fields such as quantum computing and particle physics.

3. How are the quantum states of photons and particles determined?

The quantum states of photons and particles are determined through experiments and calculations based on the principles of quantum mechanics. These principles include the uncertainty principle, wave-particle duality, and quantum superposition.

4. Can the quantum states of photons and particles be observed directly?

No, the quantum states of photons and particles cannot be observed directly. This is due to the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, which states that it is impossible to know both the position and momentum of a particle simultaneously. Instead, scientists use indirect methods such as spectroscopy and scattering experiments to infer the quantum states of photons and particles.

5. How does the listing of quantum states of photons and particles contribute to our understanding of the universe?

The listing of quantum states of photons and particles is essential for understanding the fundamental laws and principles that govern the behavior of matter in the universe. It allows us to make predictions and advancements in fields such as quantum mechanics, cosmology, and particle physics, leading to a deeper understanding of the universe and its origins.