Need help with a work related math problem

• MHB
  • Thread starter semaxus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Work
In summary, the person is struggling with a math problem given to them by their boss. They have a table in Excel with the dimensions and prices of wooden sauna cabins and need to find a relationship between the size and price to create an equation. They are hoping for help as they are not good at math. They also mention that the price seems to grow non-linearly and they cannot find a coefficient. They provide a link to the table for reference.
semaxus
Hello guys, I confess that I absolutely suck at math. Unfortunately my boss handed me what is basically a math problem I got to solve, and I have no idea how to do it cause of lack of my math skills. I am hoping someone can help me with this or I'm screwed.

Co basically I've got this table in excel, where X (row) is a width and Y is a height (column) of a wooden sauna cabin, the X;Y is the price for a sauna with said dimensions. I need to find a relationship between the size of the sauna and the price And formulate ani equation. I can't seem to find it, the price seems to grow non linearly, I can't seem to find any coeficient. Again, I suck at math, maybe solution is simple, but I just don't see it. Can anyone help me please?

Table Is at this link https://ibb.co/fGrxSvf . Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• Bez názvu.jpg
    Bez názvu.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 44
Physics news on Phys.org
You have the information in a table form where you can easily read off the information you need. I can't imagine why you would want a "formula" that either would be extremely complex (Generally speaking "n" data points can be calculated by a polynomial of degree n-1. Here you have a large number of data points!) or is only approximate, if not both.

Last edited:

1. How do I approach a work related math problem?

First, read the problem carefully and make sure you understand what is being asked. Then, identify the relevant information and variables. Next, determine which mathematical operations are needed to solve the problem. Finally, double check your work and make sure your answer makes sense in the context of the problem.

2. What if I don't understand the math concepts needed to solve the problem?

If you are struggling with the math concepts needed for the problem, it is important to seek help from a colleague, supervisor, or a math tutor. You can also do additional research or review relevant materials to better understand the concepts.

3. Can I use a calculator to solve the problem?

Yes, you can use a calculator to solve work related math problems. However, it is important to make sure you understand the concepts behind the calculations and are not solely relying on the calculator for the answer.

4. How can I check my work to make sure my answer is correct?

One way to check your work is to plug your answer back into the original problem and see if it makes sense. You can also use a different method or approach to solve the problem and compare your answers. Additionally, you can ask a colleague or supervisor to review your work.

5. What if I make a mistake while solving the problem?

Making mistakes is a natural part of problem solving. If you realize you made a mistake, go back and review your work to identify where the error occurred. Then, correct the mistake and continue with the problem. It is important to not get discouraged and keep trying until you find the correct solution.