Need help understanding this step in simplifying a limit equation

In summary, the formula (5) can be obtained from the previous one by taking the continued product of each j from 1 to l+1, which results in ((l+1)!)^2. The 2's in the numerator can be divided in the denominator and the denominator has two forms depending on the last term. The √π in the denominator is squared and moved to the numerator while the 1/2 term is a simple algebraic term.
mody mody
I read a paper and i can't understand how can we make the conversion (that attached in photo)
i mean how i get formula (5) from previous one

Attachments

• rrrr.png
    rrrr.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 477
Physics news on Phys.org
I think I figured this one out. The continued product of each ## j ## from ## 1 ## to ## l+1 ## is the ## ((l+1)!)^2 ##. The 2's in the numerator actually can be divided in the denominator. The sequence of 1*3*5*7...(squared) in the denominator takes on two forms depending whether the last term is ## (2l+1)/2 ## or includes the ## (l+\frac{3}{2}) ## term, thereby the continued product of ## (2j-1)/2 ## and ## (2j+1)/2 ## in the denominator. The ## \sqrt{\pi} ## in the denominator gets squared and moved to the numerator of the other side, and the ## \frac{1}{2} ## is a simple algebraic term because ## \frac{1}{(2l+3)/2}=\frac{2}{2l+3} ##.

Related to Need help understanding this step in simplifying a limit equation

1. What is a limit equation?

A limit equation is a mathematical expression that represents the behavior of a function as the input approaches a certain value. It is used to determine the value that a function approaches as the input gets closer and closer to a specific value.

2. Why is it important to simplify a limit equation?

Simplifying a limit equation helps to make it easier to understand and work with. It also allows us to determine the behavior of a function without having to evaluate it at every single point. This simplification can help us find important information about the function, such as its continuity, differentiability, and asymptotes.

3. What are the steps involved in simplifying a limit equation?

The steps involved in simplifying a limit equation depend on the specific equation and the techniques used. However, some common steps may include factoring, canceling common terms, using algebraic manipulation, and using limit laws.

4. How can I determine if a limit equation is indeterminate?

An indeterminate limit equation is one in which the limit cannot be determined by simply plugging in the value of the input. This can happen when the function has a removable discontinuity, such as a hole or a vertical asymptote. To determine if a limit equation is indeterminate, you can use algebraic techniques or graphing to evaluate the limit at the specific value.

5. Are there any common mistakes to avoid when simplifying a limit equation?

Yes, there are a few common mistakes to avoid when simplifying a limit equation. These include forgetting to check for common factors, making algebraic errors, and incorrectly applying limit laws. It is important to carefully check each step and make sure it is mathematically correct to avoid these mistakes.