Need help to solve of Matlab code

In summary, the conversation discusses the problem of monitoring the charge on a capacitor connected in series with a resistor and a battery. The charge buildup on the capacitor is determined by the formula Q(t) = CV(1 − e−t/RC) and the goal is to detect when it reaches a level of 8 units of charge. The program should display the time and charge every 0.1 seconds until the charge first exceeds 8 units. The solution involves constructing a time vector and using the given equation, while also getting creative with the code and indexing.
zayodi
When a resistor (R), capacitor (C) and battery (V) are connected in series,
a charge Q builds up on the capacitor according to the formula
Q(t) = CV(1 − e−t/RC)
if there is no charge on the capacitor at time t =0. The problem is to monitor the
charge on the capacitor every 0.1 seconds in order to detect when it reaches a
level of 8 units of charge, given that V =9, R=4 and C =1. Write a program which
displays the time and charge every 0.1 seconds until the charge first exceeds
8 units (i.e. the last charge displayed must exceed 8). Once you have done this,
rewrite the program to display the charge only while it is strictly less than 8 units.

Dear all anyone can help me to solve the above quesion on Matlab coz i have exam on it tommorrow

waiting for support ASAP

Physics news on Phys.org
you must first construct a time vector of the numerical values

1. t = ti:dt:tf

where ti is initial time, dt is the change in time (it can't be infinitesimally small on a computer like it can in analytical mathematics, and the closer you go to 0 the more computationally expensive it is).

2. user your equation. don't forget to put a '.' in front of operators on a vector.

other than that, you have to get creative with your code and indexing (possibly with a for loop and/or some if statements) , but that's all I should probably give you. Good luck.

Related to Need help to solve of Matlab code

1. What is Matlab and how is it used?

Matlab is a high-level programming language and interactive environment used for numerical computation, data analysis, and visualization. It is commonly used in engineering, mathematics, and scientific research to solve complex problems and analyze large datasets.

2. How can I get help with solving a Matlab code?

There are various resources available for getting help with solving Matlab codes. You can refer to the official Matlab documentation, join online communities and forums, or seek help from experienced Matlab users. Additionally, you can also hire a Matlab tutor or consultant for personalized assistance.

3. What are some common errors encountered while solving Matlab codes?

Some common errors encountered while solving Matlab codes include syntax errors, undefined variable errors, and matrix dimension mismatch errors. These errors can be resolved by carefully reviewing the code and making necessary changes, or by seeking help from experienced users.

4. How can I improve my skills in solving Matlab codes?

To improve your skills in solving Matlab codes, you can practice regularly, participate in online coding challenges, and take online courses or tutorials. You can also refer to the Matlab documentation and learn from experienced users by studying their code.

5. Is it necessary to have programming experience to solve Matlab codes?

While having programming experience can be helpful in solving Matlab codes, it is not necessary. With the availability of resources such as the Matlab documentation and online communities, anyone can learn how to solve Matlab codes with dedication and practice.