Need Help Solving Physics Problem with T, Dx, and Angle

In summary, to solve the given problem, you will need to find Vx, Vy, Vi, and Dymax. To find Vx, you can use the equations T=1.05s and Dx=46.1feet. For Vy, you can use trigonometry. The equations v_{x}=v_{i}cos(\theta) and v_{y}=v_{i}sin(\theta) can be used to find Vi. With this information, you should be able to find Dymax using basic kinematics. It would be helpful to show your work so that others can assist you better.
Stephanie
I have a problem.

Given: T=1.05s
Dx=46.1feet
Angle=15 Degrees.

I need to find Vx and Vy and Vi and Dymax.

Can anyone help me set up the problem? for each thing I need to find...:frown:

Physics news on Phys.org
you can find Vx using T and Dx, then you can find Vy through trigonometry, and then you'll be able to find the rest.

Put up some work, so we know what to help you with. If you just need a start, you can go with these equations:

Remember that the distance in the x direction is just the component of velocity in the x direction multiplied by the time it takes.
[tex]x=v_{x}t[/tex]

[tex]v_{x}=v_{i}cos(\theta)[/tex]

[tex]v_{y}=v_{i}sin(\theta)[/tex]

Using those, and a basic knowledge of kinematics you should be able to find everything you need.

Last edited:

Related to Need Help Solving Physics Problem with T, Dx, and Angle

1. What are T, Dx, and Angle in physics?

T, Dx, and Angle are variables commonly used in physics to represent time, distance, and angle, respectively. These variables are often used in equations to describe the motion and forces of objects.

2. How do I solve a physics problem involving T, Dx, and Angle?

To solve a physics problem with T, Dx, and Angle, you will need to use equations that involve these variables. It is important to identify the given values and units, and then plug them into the appropriate equation using algebraic manipulation to solve for the unknown variable.

3. What units should I use for T, Dx, and Angle in my calculations?

The units for T, Dx, and Angle will depend on the specific problem and the equation being used. It is important to pay attention to the given values and ensure that all units are consistent throughout the calculation.

4. Can I use T, Dx, and Angle in any type of physics problem?

T, Dx, and Angle can be used in a wide range of physics problems, particularly those involving motion and forces. However, it is important to make sure that the specific equation being used is appropriate for the given situation.

5. How can I check if my solution to a physics problem with T, Dx, and Angle is correct?

You can check your solution by plugging the calculated values back into the original equation to see if they satisfy the equation. Additionally, you can compare your solution to known values or use the correct units to ensure that your answer is reasonable.