Need help Picking Senior Year AP Classes....

In summary, the speaker is struggling to choose between two slots and three desired classes for their upcoming course selection. They are currently enrolled in a biotechnology program that requires them to take the first three courses, as well as AP Calculus AB, AP Chemistry, and AP Literature. They are considering taking AP Microeconomics, AP Statistics, or AP Psychology for their remaining two slots, but are unsure which to choose. They list their reasons for each class and ask for advice on which would be the best choice. They also mention wanting a pair of classes that will look good on college applications, as well as considering their potential majors and minors. They express a desire to not overload on AP courses and to choose classes that they are genuinely interested in
DoryB702
Course Selection is coming up next week in my school and I am still deciding between 2 slots and 3 desired classes of mine. In my school we have 8 classes all together with 4 on "A" days and 4 on "B" days. Here are my selected classes that have already been picked out:

Honors Biotechnology III
Honors Biotechnology IV
Honors BioInformatics
AP Calculus AB
AP Chemistry
AP Literature

My potential majors as of now are the following:
Chemical Engineering
Chemistry
Biomolecular Engineering
Molecular Biology
Environmental Engineering
Biochemistry (Maybe)
Statistics

Potential Minors:
General Biology
Biochemistry
Environmental Science
Statistics
Mathematics

Im in a program for biotechnology that requires me to take the 1st 3 courses and calc, lit, and chem i already know i want to take. But for my last two slots. Its between the following:
AP Microeconomics
AP Statistics,
AP Psychology

I wish I could take all of them but I can't sadly but hopefully somebody can just tell me what to do. My reasons for taking Microeconomics is that I wish to learn about my country economy and how it works. Basically I want to take micro to just learn even though it has nothing to pertain to my science major in college. In my school this is the second school year my teacher has taught this course. He talks a lot about his life which keeps the class exciting but I fear that the actual amount of learning about the economy will be pushed mainly to the students. And yes I know I better get used to just learning the material on y own in college because in reality that's just how things are.
I wish to take AP Statistics because its basically a science class you learn how to interpret data and such. Also you can learn to analyze graphs and predict things with probability and plus I'm pretty sure Statistics is one of those classes thousands of college articles say that every student should take.. Plus I hear its a hard class to take in college so I'd much rather take it in a high school setting get the credit with the AP exam and move the hell on with my life. Though there is a slight chance I could minor in mathematics or statistics so who knows.
Then with psychology the teacher has been teaching for years I've heard she isn't dry and the class discussions are fun. But the test are difficult but psychology seems such a fun subject that I would love to learn what they do. And yes I know I'm not going to be able to psychoanalyze people after I've taken this class only people with masters and doctorate do that (Mostly i don't know). And I'm interested in learning psychology stuff to. But I don't want to make a career out of it except maybe Neuroscience but that's a debate for another day.

These are my arguments for taking these and PLEASE don't try to convince me not take all ap classes. The decision has been made and I just need help making this final one. Also I kind of want a pair which ever you choose to be a hard and easy pair because I am aware I am going to have to apply for colleges in the beginning and mid year. I am going to try to fight senioritis as hard as I can and will prevail. Also I can sometimes be a tiny tiny tiny bit lazy and I do procrastinate a lot but I could learn to change. And then maybe pick a pair that will look bombastic on college applications. So maybe pick 1 pair that will help with college major/minors one pair that's fun for learning one pair that will look amazing on applications or whatever. Ill take any advice/help that I can get.

Physics news on Phys.org
I tend to lament students who overload with AP courses.

Pick something you like, that you want to take, not that you think you need to take to impress others.

Related to Need help Picking Senior Year AP Classes....

1. What are the benefits of taking AP classes in senior year?

AP classes can provide a rigorous and challenging academic experience, preparing students for college-level coursework. Additionally, successfully passing AP exams can earn students college credit, saving time and money in the long run.

2. How do I know which AP classes to take in my senior year?

It is important to consider your interests, career goals, and academic strengths when choosing AP classes. Consult with your school counselor, teachers, and peers for recommendations and advice. You can also research college requirements and the AP credit policies of schools you are interested in.

3. Are AP classes more difficult than regular classes?

AP classes are designed to be more challenging and fast-paced than regular classes. They require more independent work, critical thinking, and time management skills. However, with proper preparation and dedication, students can succeed and reap the benefits of taking AP courses.

4. How many AP classes should I take in my senior year?

The number of AP classes to take in senior year varies for each student. It is important to consider your workload, extracurricular activities, and personal obligations. It is recommended to not overload yourself and to maintain a healthy balance between academics and other aspects of your life.

5. Can I drop an AP class if I find it too challenging?

It is generally not recommended to drop an AP class in senior year, as it can reflect poorly on your academic record and may affect college admissions. However, if you are struggling and it is causing significant stress and hindering your overall academic performance, it may be worth discussing with your school counselor to see if there are any alternatives or accommodations that can be made.