Need Help in Transformers and Complex Circuit handling

In summary, the designer has multiple microchips that can be controlled with a series of voltages. He needs to supply the machine with a certain voltage and also convert that voltage to an AC current. He has not dealt with small transformers before and doesn't know how to build one. He is also missing something else that will be reserved for another thread.
depthfish
Hi, I'm new here, but to the point!I'm currently designing a system that I'm utilizing a series of 6 volt microchips to control. I have about 40 microchips at my disposal. that are C programmable , have a very good memory and all, multiple I/Os. And they have timers and oscillator systems and all that.The problems are as follows though:1.) I need to, in order to control all my actuators to achieve the necessary mechanical strength. Supply the overall machine with a 144-180 Voltage. Battery wise what I have at my disposal at minimum is multiple 9 volts. at max a 14 volt bigger battery.

My solution to this was to create a 1->10 transformer voltage boost. so that the 2 9 volts in series would give me 18 volts that when put through 1->10 would give me 180 volts on the other end.

My problems though with this are these:

-I haven't dealt with small transformers before, and have never had to build one from scratch. Do I really just wind a coil 10 times per unit of length on 1 component, and 100 times on another close by component, creating 2 inductors so that 1 inductor sends its magnetic field over the other? And or, how would I go about building a small version of this kind of transformer where the ratio would be x input voltage -> 10x output voltage.

-I know that I need an AC current when dealing with the voltage conversion. And I figured I may find a way to induce an oscillating frequency to turn my Dc->AC through one of the chips. And then through another chip remove it with an inverse frequency. But the problem with this is, how do I handle that with such high voltages? wouldn't that just end up frying my chips seeing as they're 6 volt maximum? and there's bound to be problems due to the fact that they're digital output. So it's a design problem here of creating a way to use the chips to control those high voltages and not causing an interruption in current.

*added* MY current solution, in thesis for handling the AC-DC conversion problem is to just combine currents. One with a high voltage and DC, with a low voltage AC. And then once there's the high Voltage AC, combine it with an inverse waveform, equal amplitude, low voltage current somehow to cancel out the waveform. I don't know if this would work again, lack of experience in using transformers with microchips.So yeah. I just wanted to get some advice and ideas on how to handle these two problems. As I'm new to dealing with a high voltage in a digital circuit system due to all the actuators I'm using.Thanks for your time and help!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Found solutions to both problems for the most part.

I'm missing something else though That will be reserved for another thread.

Related to Need Help in Transformers and Complex Circuit handling

1. What are Transformers and Complex Circuits?

Transformers and complex circuits are electrical components that are used to transfer electrical energy from one circuit to another. They are commonly used in power distribution systems and electronic devices to step up or step down the voltage.

2. What are some common issues encountered when working with Transformers and Complex Circuits?

Some common issues that can arise when working with transformers and complex circuits include overheating, insulation failure, and voltage fluctuations. It is important to carefully design and maintain these components to avoid such problems.

3. How do I choose the right transformer for my circuit?

The right transformer for your circuit will depend on several factors such as the required voltage and current, the frequency of the AC power source, and the size and type of load. It is best to consult an electrical engineer or refer to a transformer selection guide for guidance.

4. What is the difference between a transformer and a complex circuit?

A transformer is a specific type of complex circuit that is used to transfer electrical energy from one circuit to another. However, a complex circuit can refer to any circuit that contains multiple components and performs a specific function, such as amplification or filtering.

5. How can I troubleshoot issues with transformers and complex circuits?

If you are experiencing issues with transformers and complex circuits, it is important to first check for any loose connections or damaged components. You can also use a multimeter to test for continuity and voltage levels. If the problem persists, it is best to consult a professional electrician or engineer for further assistance.