Need Help in Model Rocket Question

In summary, the conversation is about a student seeking help with a physics problem involving a model rocket. The rocket is launched upward with an initial speed of 50.0 m/s and accelerates with a constant upward acceleration of 2.00m/s^2 until its engine stops at an altitude of 150m. The student is asking for assistance in finding the maximum height reached by the rocket, the time it takes to reach its maximum height, and the total time the rocket is in the air. They have also mentioned a similar problem they found on a forum, but it is not applicable to their specific question. The expert asks for more information on what the student has done so far and where they are struggling.
Egyptian Mafia
Hi, This is my first question and I am very stuck on it. I really need your help on this as this is due tomorrow and I just found out this forum today.

Q) A model rocket is launched straight upward with an intial speed of 50.0 m/s. It accelerates with a constant upward acceleration of 2.00m/s^2 until its engine stop at an altitude of 150m.

(a) What is the maximum height reached by the rocket?

(b) How long after lift-off does the rocket reach its maximum height?

(c) How Long is the rocket in the air?

Thanks a lot for all the help that will be given to me. :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Anyone, I really need help in this...

Thanks

Sirus, that's the first one I looked at and my question is not close at all...

Your problem (copy and pasted):

"Q) A model rocket is launched straight upward with an intial speed of 50.0 m/s. It accelerates with a constant upward acceleration of 2.00m/s^2 until its engine stop at an altitude of 150m.
(a) What is the maximum height reached by the rocket?
(b) How long after lift-off does the rocket reach its maximum height?
(c) How Long is the rocket in the air?"

Her problem (also copy and pasted):

"A model rocket is launched straight upward with an initial speed of 49.5 m/s. It accelerates with a constantupward acceleration of 1.83 m/s^2 until its engines stop at an altitude of 132.0 m.
A.What is the maximum height reached by the rocket?
B.How long after lift-off does it take for the rocket to reach its maximum height?
C.How long is the rocket in the air"

How are these not close at all?

Anyways, what have you done so far and where are you having trouble?

Related to Need Help in Model Rocket Question

1. What is a model rocket?

A model rocket is a small, lightweight rocket that is designed to be launched and recovered multiple times. It is typically made of lightweight materials and powered by small, commercially available rocket motors.

2. How do I choose the right model rocket for my needs?

When choosing a model rocket, consider factors such as size, weight, recommended launch site, and desired altitude. It is also important to choose a rocket with a skill level that matches your experience and expertise.

3. What materials are needed to build a model rocket?

The materials needed to build a model rocket include a body tube, nose cone, fins, launch lug, engine mount, recovery system, and rocket motor. Optional materials may include paint, decals, and additional details.

4. Are there any safety precautions I should take when launching a model rocket?

Yes, it is important to follow all safety guidelines provided by the model rocket manufacturer. This may include launching in an open, designated area, using a launch pad and controller, and ensuring all bystanders are a safe distance away from the launch site.

5. Can I modify or customize my model rocket?

Yes, you can modify and customize your model rocket by adding additional details, using different paint schemes, or even creating a hybrid rocket using a combination of solid and liquid propellants. However, it is important to ensure any modifications are safe and do not significantly alter the rocket's flight characteristics.