Need guidance for learning electrical engineering and DDC panels

In summary, the person has recently joined their family business where they assemble DDC panels and power supplies. They have no prior knowledge of science or engineering and wish to learn more in order to better understand their work and potentially build their own device in the future. They are seeking recommendations for books or websites to start with and have been suggested "The Art of Electronics" as a good starting point.
ArtificialX
Hello, I have just joined my family business, we assemble DDC panels and power supplies. While I pay more attention to business management in general, I also am sort of fascinated by electronic devices and such. Now, I have absolutley no knowledge about science or engineering and have forgotten everything I learned back in school.

My purpose of learning is to know all I can about how DDC panels and power supplies work; for now. And as silly as it sounds, I feel that in future I want to build a device on my own. Of course, all this implies that I know basics (as well as advanced) science. I know that I must know all concepts, for example like alternating current, resistance etc I am lucky that I can get a lot of practical training at my place itself.

So are there any books or websites that anyone can recommend to me? I would really like to start with simple things, like basic school textbooks and such. And I really want to start from the scratch, like know all basic concepts and books.

Hoping for assistance. Thank you.

Engineering news on Phys.org
ArtificialX said:
Hello, I have just joined my family business, we assemble DDC panels and power supplies. While I pay more attention to business management in general, I also am sort of fascinated by electronic devices and such. Now, I have absolutley no knowledge about science or engineering and have forgotten everything I learned back in school.

My purpose of learning is to know all I can about how DDC panels and power supplies work; for now. And as silly as it sounds, I feel that in future I want to build a device on my own. Of course, all this implies that I know basics (as well as advanced) science. I know that I must know all concepts, for example like alternating current, resistance etc I am lucky that I can get a lot of practical training at my place itself.

So are there any books or websites that anyone can recommend to me? I would really like to start with simple things, like basic school textbooks and such. And I really want to start from the scratch, like know all basic concepts and books.

Hoping for assistance. Thank you.

Welcome to the PF.

What's a DDC panel?

Do you have a university library or technical bookstore near you? If so, browse through this book:

"The Art of Electronics" by Horowitz and Hill: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0521370957/?tag=pfamazon01-20

IMO, it's a good basic book to get started with. It starts with the very basics of Ohm's Law, and takes you up through basic analog & digital electronics. You should look through it before you consider buying it, though, to see if it fits your expectations.

Related to Need guidance for learning electrical engineering and DDC panels

1. What is electrical engineering and DDC panels?

Electrical engineering is a field that deals with the study, design, and application of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism. DDC panels, or Direct Digital Control panels, are devices that are used for controlling and monitoring building systems such as heating, ventilation, and air conditioning.

2. Why would someone want to learn about electrical engineering and DDC panels?

Learning about electrical engineering and DDC panels can open up various career opportunities in fields such as power generation, telecommunications, and automation. It can also help individuals understand and troubleshoot electrical systems in their homes or workplaces.

3. What are some important concepts to understand in electrical engineering and DDC panels?

Some important concepts to understand in electrical engineering include circuit analysis, electromagnetism, and power systems. In DDC panels, it is important to understand programming, control systems, and sensor technology.

4. How can I start learning about electrical engineering and DDC panels?

A good place to start is by studying the fundamentals of electrical engineering, such as Ohm's law, circuit analysis, and basic programming. You can also take online courses or attend workshops specifically focused on DDC panels.

5. What are some useful resources for learning about electrical engineering and DDC panels?

There are many resources available for learning about electrical engineering and DDC panels, including textbooks, online courses, and instructional videos. You can also attend seminars and conferences related to these topics and network with professionals in the field.