What about you?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the forum will have a group rounds where members will solve physics and math problems. The first level for sign up will start soon and the second level will start after the first round has ended. There will be two levels for sign up.

Physics Forums Olympics!

• Yes I'll enter and battle till my pencil is worn to the stub

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No maybe next year, I need more training

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Would you enter the competition? The specifics have yet to be worked out, but basicly it's a group a rounds where you go head to head with your forum members battling each other by solving physics and math problems. Each round you'll have a new problem to answer within a certain amount of time (likely will be 48h). If you answer correctly you move to the next round. Also there will be two level for you to join, either intermidate or advanced. Sign up will start soon!

Interested? Want to become a PF Science Olympian?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I think it is a good idea...even if I'm not sharp enough to participate!

Bring it on, pansies.

- Warren

How about the Physics Forum "Special Olympics"? And where do I sign up?

Have it out, Big Guys! I wouldn't even know who's winning.

Now back to the Philosophy threads...

Good idea ! :smile:
I want a front row seat and a private interpreter...

Well, I voted yes but now I wish there was an "undecided" category. What about Astronomy, Political debates, or questions. And Computers too. For instance, I know HTML, what if as a fun round you could have a competition seeing who could make the best website in a certain time frame. A free website like angelfire, freeservers, geocities, etc... You could also ask questions about HTML or other languages...of course i haven't even gotten into languages yet so I'd probably do pretty bad, but it would be fun.

NO POLITICAL QUESTIONS!

Originally posted by Zero
NO POLITICAL QUESTIONS!
You can say that again !

Change of plans, new forum instead!
https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=33

It sounds much better than PF Olympic because I was scared by the word "Olympic".
So what if everyone wants to post a question at the same time and it turns out to have more than 1 question per day?

I see, I thought questions would be posted by members, not staffs.

Does that brain teaser forum have anything to do with this ?
Anyway, I just wanted to say that, personally, I don't think
that 15$ award is a good idea. We're not here to earn money
after all, rather we are here to gain knowledge and intellegent discussion. I'm sure that money can be better used to promote
PF and pay for the server/band weidth and so on. Just a thought.

Live long and prosper.

could there be another league called begginer for me and possable a 4 year old

oh and i agree that the 15 $ is a bad idea because with the internet and all you could easily get all the answers within 2 days

I'm in...

1. What is "Physics Forums Olympics"?

Physics Forums Olympics is an online competition organized by the Physics Forums community, where participants can compete in various physics-related challenges and events.

2. How can I participate in "Physics Forums Olympics"?

To participate in Physics Forums Olympics, you must be a member of the Physics Forums community and register for the event. Registration typically opens a few weeks before the start of the Olympics.

3. What types of events are included in "Physics Forums Olympics"?

Physics Forums Olympics includes a variety of events, such as problem-solving challenges, quizzes, and experimental challenges. Each event is designed to test different aspects of physics knowledge and skills.

4. Are there any prizes for winners of "Physics Forums Olympics"?

Yes, there are prizes for the winners of Physics Forums Olympics. The prizes vary each year, but they typically include cash prizes, physics-related books, and Physics Forums merchandise.

5. Can I compete in "Physics Forums Olympics" if I am not a physics expert?

Yes, anyone with an interest in physics can participate in Physics Forums Olympics. The events are designed to be challenging but accessible to a wide range of participants, from beginners to experts.