Need design for a rectangle "like" spray bottle

In summary, I would need a rectangular plastic brick with 10 small holes on the bottom that would release fluid. There is a cap on the top of the rectangle box that the fluid will be poured into. And a press style button on the side of the rectangle to pump the fluid out the holes on the bottom. I would be using like a gel-soap type of fluid so it would need to be pumped rather then a 1 way check type valve. Also it would be hard to distribute the fluid to multiple holes so it would have to be a 1 way type pump.
Seanshine
to keep it simple, I will explain what I basically need. Imagine a rectangular Plastic brick. With 10 small holes on the bottom that would release fluid. There is a cap on the top of the rectangle box that the fluid will be poured into. And a press style button on the side of the rectangle to pump the fluid out the holes on the bottom. I would be using like a gel-soap type of fluid so it would need to be pumped rather then a 1 way check type valve. Also it would be hard to distribute the fluid to multiple holes so it would have to be a 1 way type pump.
Can anyone help me with the design. Even spray bottle pumps are confusing to me

Engineering news on Phys.org
Seanshine said:
Can anyone help me with the design. Even spray bottle pumps are confusing to me

It is entirely unclear what you want to accomplish. So far you seem to have specified you want to punch holes in the bottom of a laundry detergent jug and pump liquid soap in. It isn't clear why. It isn't clear what it will be used for. It isn't even clear what the "gel-soap type of fluid" will be.

If you really want to design something then what you need to do is start with a clear statement of what it is you want to accomplish. This should include any constraints such as the temperature range, or other conditions, this thing should function in. Do you have a generic idea about budget? Should it be suitable for hand washing? Food washing? Medical equipment washing? Is it fire fighting equipment? Is it a coolant sprayer in a nuclear reactor? Is it a warp nacelle on the star ship Enterprise? What is it?

Once you have defined the success goals, then you should start thinking about how to accomplish them.

So many times I see the following.
===
The poster wants to solve some problem. They think about it for a while, then come up with a series of ideas. Then idea 12 part B displays for them some kind of problem they don't know how to solve. So they come on here and ask, without telling anybody about all the context.
===
How do I make idea 12 part B work?

Well, it's not a good way to work. It goes like this. You start out thinking how to make your car rust resistant. Then you think many other things don't rust. Then you think, hey, straw does not rust. So you start thinking this.

http://cheezburger.com/6438109184

And then you come on asking about how to make a car out of straw and still be roadworthy. when really what you wanted was to know how to inhibit rust.

Likes billy_joule
DEvens said:
It is entirely unclear what you want to accomplish. So far you seem to have specified you want to punch holes in the bottom of a laundry detergent jug and pump liquid soap in. It isn't clear why. It isn't clear what it will be used for. It isn't even clear what the "gel-soap type of fluid" will be.

If you really want to design something then what you need to do is start with a clear statement of what it is you want to accomplish. This should include any constraints such as the temperature range, or other conditions, this thing should function in. Do you have a generic idea about budget? Should it be suitable for hand washing? Food washing? Medical equipment washing? Is it fire fighting equipment? Is it a coolant sprayer in a nuclear reactor? Is it a warp nacelle on the star ship Enterprise? What is it?

Once you have defined the success goals, then you should start thinking about how to accomplish them.

So many times I see the following.
===
The poster wants to solve some problem. They think about it for a while, then come up with a series of ideas. Then idea 12 part B displays for them some kind of problem they don't know how to solve. So they come on here and ask, without telling anybody about all the context.
===
How do I make idea 12 part B work?

Well, it's not a good way to work. It goes like this. You start out thinking how to make your car rust resistant. Then you think many other things don't rust. Then you think, hey, straw does not rust. So you start thinking this.

http://cheezburger.com/6438109184

And then you come on asking about how to make a car out of straw and still be roadworthy. when really what you wanted was to know how to inhibit rust.
I am sorry for the mis-understanding, I just didn't want to make a long post for a quick answer. Basically I am trying to make a "shoe shine" looking sponge with a reservoir at the top. So I could use it around the house for various things like' shining my shoes without having to spread the gel and washing the counter with soap rather then spraying, more like a self product applying sponge! I am interested in how a design like this would work, in a pump type form rather then a one way latch type valve

Related to Need design for a rectangle "like" spray bottle

1. What are the dimensions of the spray bottle?

The dimensions of the spray bottle will vary depending on the specific design and purpose of the bottle. However, a standard rectangle spray bottle typically has a length of 4-5 inches, width of 1-2 inches, and height of 6-8 inches.

2. What material is the spray bottle made of?

The material used for the spray bottle will depend on the intended use and budget. Common materials include plastic, glass, and metal. Plastic is the most affordable option, while glass and metal are more durable and often used for high-end products.

3. Can the spray bottle be refilled?

Most spray bottles are designed to be refillable, but it will depend on the specific design and materials used. Plastic spray bottles are typically more easily refillable than glass or metal bottles. However, it is always recommended to check the product label or instructions for refillability.

4. What type of nozzle does the spray bottle have?

The type of nozzle on a spray bottle can vary, but the most common ones are trigger nozzles and finger pump nozzles. Trigger nozzles are typically used for larger bottles and provide a continuous spray, while finger pump nozzles are used for smaller bottles and require manual pumping for each spray.

5. Is the spray bottle safe for use with different products?

It is important to check the label or instructions for the specific spray bottle to determine its compatibility with different products. Some spray bottles are designed for specific types of products, such as cleaning solutions or beauty products, while others may be more versatile and can be used with a variety of products.