Need Aspherical Lens Equation (+20d, 55mm)

In summary, the person is asking for help with finding the equation for a +20d aspherical lens of diameter 55mm. They mention that the shape will depend on the index of refraction of the material. They also mention finding a helpful resource on Wikipedia.
Raza121
Hello.
I am not related to physics or any optics related field.
I am in need of equation for +20d aspherical lens of diameter 55mm.
Can anybody help me?

Science news on Phys.org
The shape is definitely going to depend on the index of refraction of the material it is made out of.

Raza121 said:
Hello.
I am not related to physics or any optics related field.
I am in need of equation for +20d aspherical lens of diameter 55mm.
Can anybody help me?
Welcome to the PF.

When I go a Google search on the title of your thread, the first non-advertisement link is this one for wikipedia. It looks to have what you need (as long as you know the index of refraction of your material, as already pointed out)... :smile:

Related to Need Aspherical Lens Equation (+20d, 55mm)

1. What is the Need Aspherical Lens Equation?

The Need Aspherical Lens Equation is a mathematical formula used to calculate the shape and curvature of an aspherical lens. It takes into account the desired power of the lens, as well as the desired diameter and curvature, to determine the necessary parameters for creating the lens.

2. What do the numbers +20d and 55mm refer to in the equation?

The number +20d refers to the desired power of the lens, which is measured in diopters. The number 55mm refers to the desired diameter of the lens, which is measured in millimeters.

3. How is the Need Aspherical Lens Equation used in the manufacturing process?

The equation is used to determine the specific parameters needed to create an aspherical lens with the desired power and diameter. These parameters are then used to guide the manufacturing process, ensuring that the resulting lens meets the desired specifications.

4. Are there any limitations to using the Need Aspherical Lens Equation?

While the equation is a useful tool in creating aspherical lenses, there are some limitations. It assumes that the lens material is uniform and has a consistent refractive index, which may not always be the case. Additionally, it does not take into account certain factors such as aberrations, which may affect the final result.

5. How does the Need Aspherical Lens Equation differ from other lens equations?

The Need Aspherical Lens Equation specifically focuses on calculating the parameters for an aspherical lens, which has a non-spherical shape compared to traditional spherical lenses. Other lens equations may be used for different types of lenses, such as plano-convex or bi-convex lenses, which have a more symmetrical shape.