The Future of Car Power: Exploring a Promising Invention

In summary, a light powered by solar panels was explored on TV. It would violate the second law of thermodynamics, but some of the energy produced would be used to make the light work.
Jack
I saw on TV a while ago a program that explored some of the possible ways in which cars could be powered in the future. One of these was particularly interesting. It involved using a special powerful light that is surrounded by solar panels. The light given off is used by the panels to produce electricity to make the car run but some of the power produced is used to make the light work and the cycle continues.

I wondered is anyone else has heard of this invention and knows what has happened to it because to me it sounds like a very promising invention and I am surprised that I have not heared more about it since.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Unless there is some external power source, that concept would violate the second law of thermodynamics.

You cannot power a light with power from a light, anymore than you can lift yourself up to the ceiling by pulling on your tie.

You cannot power a light with power from a light, anymore than you can lift yourself up to the ceiling by pulling on your tie.
LOL.

Jack, that's yet another perpetual motion hoax. The original is the self-powered water wheel. The water wheel powers a pump which carries water from the bottom of the wheel back to the top, driving the wheel, powering the pump... It doesn't work and CAN'T work because of what enigma said. Virtually all other perpetual motion hoaxes are a variation on the water wheel.

jack,
last time i do a assignment about the solar power...
even the the sun light we still cannot majority tranfer it to the energy ...that mean the techenic to using the solar power is still need to improve a lot
and what russ_watters and enigma said is right
i heard some of the energy now is also famous... fuel cell
did you know it??

1. What is the promising invention for car power that is being explored?

The promising invention for car power that is being explored is the use of hydrogen fuel cells. These cells use chemical reactions between hydrogen and oxygen to produce electricity, which can then power a car's motor.

2. How do hydrogen fuel cells compare to traditional gasoline engines?

Hydrogen fuel cells have several advantages over traditional gasoline engines. They are more efficient, produce zero emissions, and can be refueled quickly. However, they are currently more expensive and there is limited infrastructure for refueling.

3. What is the potential impact of using hydrogen fuel cells for cars?

If hydrogen fuel cells are successfully implemented for cars, it could greatly reduce greenhouse gas emissions from the transportation sector. It could also decrease our dependence on fossil fuels and create a more sustainable energy source for transportation.

4. Are there any challenges or obstacles in implementing hydrogen fuel cells for cars?

Yes, there are several challenges in implementing hydrogen fuel cells for cars. One major challenge is the high cost of production and infrastructure development. Additionally, there are safety concerns and the need for more research and development to improve the technology.

5. What is the current status of using hydrogen fuel cells for cars?

Hydrogen fuel cells are still in the early stages of development for cars. While some car manufacturers have released hydrogen fuel cell vehicles, they are not yet widely available. However, there are ongoing research and development efforts to improve the technology and address challenges, so the future looks promising for this invention.