Need a topic for paper in modern physics

In summary, the conversation was about a person looking for a topic to write about for a college-level modern physics paper. They were suggested to research on CERN, ALICE, and the LHC, but they mentioned that many famous topics have already been taken. The expert suggests a paper on black hole rain, where the person could explore the concept of supercooled black holes and quark rain.
dswatson
I am writing a paper on a "modern" modern physics experiment and need some help on finding a subject to write about. Any help on finding a topic would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
Physics at the CMS detector at CERN's LHC?

What kind of course is this for? What level (high school or college/university)?

jtbell said:
What kind of course is this for? What level (high school or college/university)?

it is for college level modern physics

Ok, do you have any suggestions on your own?

What about my suggestion?

malawi_glenn said:
Ok, do you have any suggestions on your own?

What about my suggestion?

I am actually doing research on CERN, ALICE, and the LHC now. Thanks. Many other topics such as schrodengers cat and more famous topics have already been taken so I wasn't sure of a topic to choose.

I think a undergraduate paper on black hole rain would be a wonderful subject. You can never be proven specifically wrong but you can show how a black hole is supercooled through M=e/c2. Quark rain!

Related to Need a topic for paper in modern physics

1. What is modern physics?

Modern physics is the branch of physics that deals with the study of the fundamental building blocks of matter and the interactions between them. It includes the topics of quantum mechanics, relativity, nuclear physics, and particle physics.

2. Why is it important to study modern physics?

Studying modern physics is essential for understanding the fundamental principles that govern our universe. It has led to groundbreaking discoveries and technological advancements, such as the development of computers, lasers, and nuclear energy. Additionally, modern physics theories have greatly expanded our understanding of the universe and its origins.

3. How has modern physics influenced our daily lives?

Modern physics has had a significant impact on our daily lives in many ways. The principles of quantum mechanics are used in the development of electronic devices, such as smartphones and computers. Relativity theory has been applied in GPS technology, and nuclear physics has led to advancements in medical imaging and cancer treatment.

4. What are some current research topics in modern physics?

Some current research topics in modern physics include dark matter and dark energy, the search for the Higgs boson, quantum computing, and the study of gravitational waves. Other areas of interest include string theory, quantum entanglement, and the nature of black holes.

5. How can I choose a topic for a paper in modern physics?

To choose a topic for a paper in modern physics, you can start by identifying areas of interest or current research topics that intrigue you. You can also seek inspiration from recent scientific discoveries or technological advancements. Additionally, consider consulting with your instructor or a librarian for suggestions and resources related to modern physics topics.