Need a Good Multivariable Calculus Site

In summary, the conversation revolves around a student forgetting their calculus textbook and asking for online resources to study for a test. There is also discussion about taking notes and studying habits. The conversation takes a sarcastic turn and ends with the student thanking someone for their help.
BasketDaN
I have a huge test tomorrow and I forgot to bring home my textbook... could anybody direct me to a site with lots if info on Calculus 3? Thanks.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
that is the most pitiful request i ever heard of.

Actually in this case you HEARD the request, you didn't hear OF it.

Reconstructing everything you can from memory would surely be a good exercise -- might even be better than reviewing your textbook directly.

You didn't take any notes in class?

That really sucks for you!

BWAHAHAHA physicists are a bloody evil lot. I love you guys.

BasketDan, I was being more inclusive. Not only is it the most pitiful request I have personally ever heard, but also the most pitiful one i ever heard of. Nice try. Thanks for amusing me.

Tom Mattson said:
Have a ball.

I don't think he will considering I believe his test was today.

point of information. this is the same guy who posted some time back that he did not like to take notes and never did so. we all patiently tried to educate him as to how to learn but he apparently did not pay any attention. maybe the test experience will make a more convincing case.

mathwonk said:
point of information. this is the same guy who posted some time back that he did not like to take notes and never did so. we all patiently tried to educate him as to how to learn but he apparently did not pay any attention. maybe the test experience will make a more convincing case.

I remember that.

This is bothering you, isn't it?

i am getting over it. see my remarks on "calculus formuals".

mathwonk said:
i am getting over it. see my remarks on "calculus formuals".

Yeah, I just read it.

I used to be kind of like that. I'd take notes, of course, but I just didn't really study much before any tests. I learned my lesson now, however. :approve:

mathwonk said:
BasketDan, I was being more inclusive. Not only is it the most pitiful request I have personally ever heard, but also the most pitiful one i ever heard of. Nice try. Thanks for amusing me.

Then that is the proper wording, not your initial wording. Thanks for being an *******, "science advisor," and "homework helper."

And a non sarcastic thank you to Tom.

Related to Need a Good Multivariable Calculus Site

What is multivariable calculus?

Multivariable calculus is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of functions of several variables. It involves concepts such as partial derivatives, multiple integrals, and vector calculus.

Why do I need a good multivariable calculus site?

A good multivariable calculus site can provide you with resources and explanations that can help you better understand the subject. It can also provide practice problems and solutions to help you improve your skills.

What should I look for in a good multivariable calculus site?

A good multivariable calculus site should have clear explanations and examples, a variety of practice problems, and preferably interactive tools or visual aids to help with understanding the concepts.

Can a multivariable calculus site help me with my homework?

Yes, a good multivariable calculus site can provide you with practice problems and solutions that can assist you with your homework. However, it is important to also understand the concepts and not solely rely on the site for answers.

Are there any free multivariable calculus sites available?

Yes, there are many free multivariable calculus sites available online. Some examples include Khan Academy, Paul's Online Math Notes, and MIT OpenCourseWare. It is important to do some research and find a site that best fits your learning style.