Need a Comprehensive Text on Electrical Properties of Materials?

• Thread starter RPI_Quantum
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book
In summary, when looking for a book, consider your personal preferences and interests to determine which genre to explore. You can find recommendations for good books by asking friends, browsing online communities, or checking out book review websites. It can be difficult to determine if a book is good before reading it, but reading reviews and samples can give you a better idea. Whether you stick to popular books or try something more obscure depends on your preferences. To find books by diverse or marginalized authors, seek out recommendations from book bloggers or online communities that promote diverse literature, or search for book lists that prioritize highlighting diverse voices and stories.
RPI_Quantum
Hey everyone, I was wonderinig if someone could recommend a good text on electrical properties of materials. I'm looking for something very comprehensive that can be referenced easily, but is relatively in depth.

Any suggestions?

Engineering news on Phys.org
There's Livingston's book, which is good for an engineering background.

Hi there,

I would recommend the book "Electrical Properties of Materials" by Laszlo Solymar and Donald Walsh. It covers a wide range of topics related to electrical properties of materials, including conductivity, dielectric properties, and magnetic properties. It also includes case studies and practical applications, making it a great reference for both students and professionals. Additionally, it is well-organized and easy to navigate, making it a convenient resource for in-depth research. I hope this helps!

Related to Need a Comprehensive Text on Electrical Properties of Materials?

1. What genre of book should I look for?

The genre of book you should look for depends on your personal preferences and interests. Some popular genres include fiction, non-fiction, romance, mystery, and self-help. Consider what type of story or information you enjoy and start your search from there.

2. Where can I find recommendations for good books?

There are several places you can find recommendations for good books. Some options include asking for recommendations from friends or family, browsing online book communities, checking out book review websites, or consulting bestseller lists from reputable sources.

3. How can I determine if a book is good before reading it?

There is no guaranteed way to determine if a book is good before reading it, as opinions on what makes a book good can vary greatly. However, you can read reviews from other readers or a synopsis of the book to get a better idea of the plot and writing style. You can also read a sample of the book before committing to purchasing or borrowing it.

4. Should I stick to popular books or try something more obscure?

It ultimately depends on your personal preferences and what you are looking for in a book. Popular books are often popular for a reason, but trying something more obscure can also lead to new and exciting discoveries. Don't be afraid to take a chance on a lesser-known book that piques your interest.

5. How do I find books by diverse or marginalized authors?

A great way to find books by diverse or marginalized authors is to seek out recommendations from book bloggers or online book communities that focus on promoting diverse literature. You can also search for book lists compiled by organizations or individuals that prioritize highlighting diverse voices and stories.