Need a book to prepare for my Calculus 3 class

In summary, the conversation is about preparing for Calc 3 over the summer and the speaker is looking for a "For Dummies" type book with good examples and practice problems. They already know about Paul's Online Notes and are recommended Schaum's outlines or Marsden's Vector Calculus as potential resources.
evacek3
Ahoy,
Next semester I am taking Calc 3 and I would like to prepair over the summer so that it is not so daunting. If anyone can suggest a "...For Dummies" type book which would give me good examples and equations along with ample example problems that would be great.

P.S. I already know about Paul's Online Notes. I need something with more practice problems

Physics news on Phys.org
Schaum's outlines always have a lot problems to work on. I'm not sure about any other source like that. There are a lot of different subjects, here are two that might be of use.
vector analysis
calculus

A really good short book on vector calculus is Div Grad Curl and all that by Schey
Dig Grad Curl

Note: these links support PF

I would recommend Marsden's Vector Calculus. It's a bit demanding though...

Related to Need a book to prepare for my Calculus 3 class

What is the best book to prepare for my Calculus 3 class?

The best book to prepare for Calculus 3 will depend on your personal learning style and the specific curriculum of your class. Some popular options include "Calculus: Early Transcendentals" by James Stewart and "Vector Calculus" by Jerrold E. Marsden and Anthony J. Tromba. It is also recommended to check with your professor for any specific textbook recommendations.

Do I need to buy a specific edition of the book?

It is recommended to purchase the most recent edition of the textbook, as it may have updated information and exercises. However, if you are on a budget, an older edition may still be useful.

Are there any online resources I can use to supplement my textbook?

Yes, there are many online resources available to supplement your textbook and prepare for Calculus 3. Some recommended websites include Khan Academy, Paul's Online Math Notes, and MIT OpenCourseWare.

How can I make the most of my Calculus 3 textbook?

To make the most of your textbook, it is important to actively read and engage with the material. This includes taking notes, working through practice problems, and seeking clarification from your professor or classmates when needed.

Can I find a free or affordable option for my Calculus 3 textbook?

Yes, there are some free and affordable options for Calculus 3 textbooks, such as open-access textbooks or renting from online sources. You can also check with your university's library to see if they have any copies available for borrowing.