Could a Little Boy Be Proof of Reincarnation?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Proof
In summary, a 6-year-old boy named James Leininger has been exhibiting behavior that suggests he may be the reincarnation of a 21-year-old Navy fighter pilot who was shot down during World War II. Despite being raised by highly educated and non-believing parents, James' behavior and knowledge of planes has convinced them that he may have had a former life. However, some are skeptical, citing that the boy may have simply done his own research. This story has sparked a conversation about the concept of reincarnation and its validity.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Did anyone watch this on ABC Primetime last night? I don't believe in reincarnation, but this is strange. The parents really don't seem the type to believe in this stuff either, at least they didn't.

ABC News

April 15 — Nearly six decades ago, a 21-year-old Navy fighter pilot on a mission over the Pacific was shot down by Japanese artillery. His name might have been forgotten, were it not for 6-year-old James Leininger.

Quite a few people — including those who knew the fighter pilot — think James is the pilot, reincarnated.

James' parents, Andrea and Bruce, a highly educated, modern couple, say they are "probably the people least likely to have a scenario like this pop up in their lives."

But over time, they have become convinced their little son has had a former life.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/Primetime/US/reincarnation_040415-1.html

Physics news on Phys.org
The story of the Dalai Lama is also interesting.

Ivan Seeking said:
The story of the Dalai Lama is also interesting.
Yes, it is, as are some others I have read about.

My life sucks so bad I don't want to do it all over again. :frown:

I seriously don't believe this family (no offense intended) I'd rather do my own research and see if this is true.
But as time went by, Andrea began to wonder what to believe. In one video of James at age 3, he goes over a plane as if he's doing a preflight check.

Another time, Andrea said, she bought him a toy plane, and pointed out what appeared to be a bomb on its underside. She says James corrected her, and told her it was a drop tank. "I'd never heard of a drop tank," she said. "I didn't know what a drop tank was."

This part is ludicrous. The young boy could have done the research himself. Just because he's 3 doesn't mean he is unable to read for himself. You know, some kids begin reading at 1. These of course are profoundly gifted kids.
And just because the mom didn't know what a drop tank was doesn't mean the kid can be deemed a reincarnated pilot. the device apparently exists with or without the mom's knowledge.

But besides that, the other data is interesting, but I'm really really skeptical about it.

Evo said:
Did anyone watch this on ABC Primetime last night? I don't believe in reincarnation, but this is strange.
No (since I am in Europe) but read the article.
It think it's correct.
Reincarnation is one of the facets of the conservation of energy. Not that complicated. :wink:

I was thinking that since there are more animals/insects than humans, maybe we could say that if reincarnation was real and could take place between species, then the boy's claim may be true. The chance that a life force that was in human form in the past life is human again in this lifetime is pretty slim. So that's why we don't hear these kind of stories that often.

1. What is reincarnation and how is it related to a little boy being proof of it?

Reincarnation is the belief that after death, the soul or consciousness of a person is reborn into a new body. It is often linked to the concept of past lives and the idea that a person's soul may continue to live on in another form. In the context of a little boy being proof of reincarnation, it refers to the belief that a child may possess memories or behaviors that can only be explained by the fact that they have lived a previous life.

2. How can a little boy be proof of reincarnation?

There are several ways in which a little boy may be seen as proof of reincarnation. One common belief is that a child may possess memories or knowledge of events that occurred before they were born, which can only be explained by the fact that they have lived a previous life. Additionally, a child may exhibit behaviors or have personality traits that are similar to a deceased person, further supporting the idea of reincarnation.

3. What scientific evidence supports the concept of reincarnation?

While there is no concrete scientific evidence that proves the existence of reincarnation, there have been several studies and cases that have been seen as potential evidence. Some researchers have found that certain children possess knowledge and skills that they have not been exposed to in their current life, which could suggest that they have lived a previous life. However, these studies are often criticized for being anecdotal and lacking scientific rigor.

4. What are some examples of children who have been believed to be proof of reincarnation?

One well-known example is the case of James Leininger, a young boy who claimed to remember details of a past life as a World War II pilot. Another example is the story of Shanti Devi, an Indian girl who claimed to remember details of a past life and was able to provide information that was later verified by the family of her supposed past self.

5. What are alternative explanations for a little boy exhibiting memories or behaviors that could be seen as proof of reincarnation?

There are several alternative explanations for a child exhibiting memories or behaviors that may be seen as proof of reincarnation. Some suggest that these memories could be the result of false memories or the child's imagination. Additionally, a child's behaviors and personality may be influenced by their environment and upbringing, rather than being proof of a past life. Without concrete scientific evidence, it is impossible to definitively prove or disprove the concept of reincarnation.