My senior Project ( online website )

In summary, a database will be necessary to store customer information, such as name, phone number, and address.
Sumaya
hi everyone , i doing online website for ordering pizza using dreamweaver (html) and i wonder when i create a form for the customer to select their food and write down there location .. so should all this information go to database ? is there a way that this information be sent to the supplier without using a database ? if not what is the best ( easiest ) database to use ?

thanx in advanced ..

Technology news on Phys.org
Not sure we have enough information to help you very much. It depends a lot on how the order is handled by the supplier. For example, is it a single pizza place, and you're writing an interface for them to see orders, and mark them as completed when it has been fulfilled? Do they need to hold onto a record of past orders? It really depends on your exact requirements.

Some databases you could consider are SQLite, which is simple and stores things in a file. But if the database will be large or generally need better performance than SQLite can give you, MariaDB or PostgreSQL are some to consider.

hi , thank u for replying .. my website is online pizza order .. if the customer will order at first time what he needs to signup or if he was already signed up and write in a form his name , phone number , the location . then he choose from the menu what kind of pizza he wants and the quantity ( so it will be some calculation ) . there is also a part that he can make his own pizza by selecting the ingredients by him self .. and i am also thinking to give to the customer at the end of the order theapproximate time until the delievery will arive to him depending on his\her location. I am kind of not familiar how to deal with database . so is it SQLite my best option .. Thank u ..

I'd definitely start with SQLite. Far less setup, and you can be off and running with it quickly. And if you decide you want a more heavy duty database, it's not generally that difficult to change to another database. All the options I mentioned use SQL. You usually need to tweak a few things, but they're similar enough to not cause tons of work, particularly if you don't have to move data from one to another.

Sounds to me like you definitely want to use a database. As for the rest of it, that depends on what languages you're familliar with. I tend to like Python a lot, so I'd go with something like Django on the back-end, but there are many other viable choices.

thank u so much for replying ... i am learning now how to use sqlite.. i downloaded sqlite3.exe ans also administrative tools for it .. I am not familier with Python but i'll try to learn it from internet .. i really hope finish this project this semester and finally graduate .. thank u

Related to My senior Project ( online website )

1. What is the purpose of your senior project online website?

The purpose of my senior project online website is to provide a platform for showcasing my research and project work during my final year of study. It also serves as a digital portfolio for potential employers and graduate schools to view my skills, knowledge, and accomplishments.

2. How did you choose the topic for your senior project online website?

I chose the topic for my senior project online website based on my interests and strengths. I wanted to create something that would be both personally fulfilling and beneficial to others. After researching different ideas and consulting with my advisor, I settled on developing an online platform to showcase my project work.

3. What technologies did you use to build your senior project online website?

I used a combination of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript for the front-end design and functionality. For the back-end, I used PHP and MySQL to store and retrieve data from the website. I also utilized various libraries and frameworks, such as Bootstrap and jQuery, to enhance the user experience.

4. Can you explain the features and functionalities of your senior project online website?

My senior project online website includes a home page with a brief introduction to the project, a project page with detailed information and images, a research page with a summary of my findings, an about me page with my background and skills, and a contact form for inquiries. It also has a responsive design, smooth navigation, and user-friendly interface.

5. What challenges did you face while developing your senior project online website?

One of the main challenges I faced was learning and implementing new technologies and techniques. As this was my first time building a website from scratch, I had to research and troubleshoot various coding issues. Another challenge was managing my time effectively to balance my project work and coursework while also building the website. However, through perseverance and seeking guidance from my advisor and peers, I was able to overcome these challenges and successfully complete my senior project online website.