Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

My niece in Tennessee

• Admin

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Hello all,

I just wanted to brag for a moment about a niece of mine in Tennessee. She is in 10th grade, and I found out tonight that she is applying to be a dual enrolled student so that when she graduates high school, she will also be graduating from a local community college with an associate's degree. She has several glowing letters of recommendation from her teachers to be accepted into the dual enrollment program.

She is the first student in her school's history to take both Honors Physics and Honors Chemistry as a 10th grader. She has never made less than an A her entire life. She ultimately wants to pursue a degree in zoology.

I am so proud of her! (Clapping)

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
That's great, Mark! You should be very proud. It's always amazing to see young super stars like that and it just shows what we are capable of. :)

anemone

MHB POTW Director
Staff member
Feb 14, 2012
Here is my heartfelt congratulation on her success in her studies. She's such a talented girl and a true inspiration for the younger generation!

May this success lead to greater achievements in the years to come for her!

Fernando Revilla

MHB Math Helper
Jan 29, 2012
  • Admin

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
I didn't become a 4.0 student until I was 27 years old! :D

I wasn't focused, i.e. I was lazy, at her age. (Tauri)
I was very hard working when I was at school but I realized that being hard-working is not enough to understand . You have to do what you think is right not what people think is the best. Now , I might not spend more than two hours studying for university and I spend most of the time reading other things. I might not get the grades I am expected to have but I am in relief because I think I am doing the right thing .

mathmaniac

Mar 4, 2013
I totally agree with you,Zaid.

And let your niece be able to achieve all that she wanted,Mark...

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
Hello all,

I just wanted to brag for a moment about a niece of mine in Tennessee. She is in 10th grade, and I found out tonight that she is applying to be a dual enrolled student so that when she graduates high school, she will also be graduating from a local community college with an associate's degree. She has several glowing letters of recommendation from her teachers to be accepted into the dual enrollment program.

She is the first student in her school's history to take both Honors Physics and Honors Chemistry as a 10th grader. She has never made less than an A her entire life. She ultimately wants to pursue a degree in zoology.

I am so proud of her! (Clapping)
Hi MarkFL, :)

Wow that's amazing, her taking Physics and Chemistry at such an early age is truly remarkable. Great to hear that she likes to pursue zoology. Zoology is a nice subject but most of my friends don't like it since it involves dissecting animals (at least in our university). :)

• Admin

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah, we'll see how she feels about it when she has to dissect mammals. (Worried)

I didn't mind the frog in junior high school, nor the earthworm and shark in high school, but I really disliked dissecting a fetal pig in college. (Shake)

Petrus

Feb 21, 2013
Yeah, we'll see how she feels about it when she has to dissect mammals. (Worried)

I didn't mind the frog in junior high school, nor the earthworm and shark in high school, but I really disliked dissecting a fetal pig in college. (Shake)
I did only get the chance to dissecting once and it was a frog. Then school bought video of dissecting or they bought one and showed us all ( the last one I mean the teacher bought one shark and we other watch while she was dissecting it).
Well done to her as well:)

Remainds me of a math problem that our teacher did show us how to solve and explain... before he started he said 'This is one math problem that one school (for only well gifted people) in U.S.A had as problem of the week but they was only 14-15 years old..' :(