Gaining Privilege to Post Images in Threads - FAQs

• Thread starter kyle_soule
  • Start date
In summary, the person is asking for help on how to enable [PLAIN] code and post images in their thread. They have searched and checked FAQs but have not found a solution. They are also mentioning that smilies work for them but not images. The other person responds by saying that the img tag should be enabled for everyone and provides a link for help. They also mention that the image code is only enabled in General Discussion.
kyle_soule
I'm not quiet clear on code...do you have to gain the privilege to post images in your thread?

I have search, and also looked on the FAQ's and haven't found much help on exactly how to turn [PLAIN] code on...thanx for any help.

Physics news on Phys.org
The img tag should be enabled for everyone. Refer to this link for help on using it:
https://www.physicsforums.com/misc.php?action=bbcode#buttons [Broken]

Last edited:
This is a test...

https://www.physicsforums.com/images/top_bar_02.gif [Broken]
hmm still doesn't work for me... Smilies do though.

Last edited by a moderator:
The image code is only enabled in General Discussion, for me:frown:

1. How do I gain privilege to post images in threads?

To gain privilege to post images in threads, you must have an account on the forum or platform where you want to post images. Once you have an account, you can either request access from a moderator or meet the requirements set by the forum for gaining image posting privileges.

2. What are the usual requirements for gaining privilege to post images in threads?

The usual requirements for gaining privilege to post images in threads may vary depending on the forum or platform. However, some common requirements may include having a certain number of posts or a certain level of participation in the forum, being a member for a certain amount of time, and following the forum's rules and guidelines.

3. Why do some forums have restrictions on posting images in threads?

Some forums have restrictions on posting images in threads to maintain the quality and relevance of the discussions. It also helps prevent spam and inappropriate content from being posted. Additionally, some forums may have limited storage space, so image posting privileges may be limited to prevent exceeding the storage capacity.

4. Can I post any type of image in threads once I have gained the privilege?

No, you cannot post any type of image in threads even if you have gained the privilege. You must still follow the forum's rules and guidelines for posting images. This may include restrictions on the size, format, and content of the images.

5. Is it possible to lose the privilege to post images in threads?

Yes, it is possible to lose the privilege to post images in threads if you violate the forum's rules and guidelines, engage in spam or inappropriate behavior, or fail to meet the requirements set by the forum. Moderators may also revoke image posting privileges if they deem it necessary.