Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

My Intro and Intended Purpose Here

abender

Jan 8, 2013
Hi, MHB! My name is Andy, and I hail Stateside from Eastern Pennsylvania. A senior member at MHF, where I have contributed the past five years as a helper, I have gained as much from others as they have gained from me. For example, after helping my first few members, I familiarized myself with LaTeX at the behest of a well respected moderator. Without taking heed to his suggestion, my graduate school professors would not have separately applauded me making their lives a bit easier. My LaTeX craft is also a large component of my private tutoring practice, i.e., extra money! Furthermore, as the cliche goes, you learn when you teach. As a tutor and aspiring actuary, I chiefly devote my help to those with problems either germane to the subjects i tutor or any of my upcoming actuary exam(s). I typically parlay my legitimate feelings of guilt into assisting those I'll never meet with their progress in mathematics. Lastly, as a competitor in diverse several diverse arenas, I enjoy the challenges!

When I have the time, I can help some of you out. I also hope to contribute to discussions.

Best of luck! Remember what I tell my own students who dislike math: Math is money!
Glad to be aboard.
-Andy

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Hello and welcome to MHB, Andy! :cool:

I thought your username looked familiar! Glad to have you aboard! If you have any questions about our forum, feel free to ask any of the staff. If you have any comments or suggestions these are always welcome too, as our admins are always trying to make our forums the best they can be!

Best regards,

Mark.